Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Snow Bound and No Mail >

Snow Bound and No Mail

Snow Bound and No Mail

Old 12-12-2010, 10:22 AM

U guys have made me feel better. It's super windy and cold here( Spfd, Mo ) but we only have a skif of snow on the ground. Tryed to feed the Cardinals and Blujays, but their seed blew off the trays lol. DH has gone to Avoca, Neb to see his folks, so I'm home alone with the cat for the weekend.Can't sew, had to clean/putaway room for guest coming later in week. Can't cook, no one here to eat....think I make watch a Christmas movie.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:16 AM

WOW - some really cold weather - here in El Paso we are in the 60's and really dry- guess that's why it is called a desert! No matter the weather it's always a great day to quilt!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:25 AM

I'm in Houston, sunny 50's and very windy, a great day for sewing and tv and my quilting friends!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:29 AM

I can't believe no mail. My husband carried mail in St. Paul in every kind o9f weather. I can't believe they have a choice. I always thought the policy was deliver it no matter what the weather.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:34 PM

That is disappointing! We're getting the rain, which is unusual for NE, but I'm enjoying it. This morning I threw stew in the crockpot, made myself a huge mug of coffee, and "holed" up in my sewing room with Christmas music for most of the day. I finished pin basting two large wall hangings!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:13 PM

Yep, I was all settled in for a long winter's nap when my daughter called. She locked her keys in her vehicle. Had to go to DSI's work to get his keys. Then take them to her. Thankfully, my DH was home and I went with him. The temperature is dropping 27F, wind is gusting, and it is continuing to snow all day. MN where is all your hot air.? Can't you huff and puff and blow this Arctic air back up?? (LOL)
Old 12-12-2010, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
I am sew glad I don't still live in MN!
Except for the carriage walk, we are shoveled out. Started about 5:30 this morning. Finished up about 1/2 hour ago. I had to park our van four blocks away and when our area got plowed out, my neighbor went with me to get the van in case I got stuck in the snow. Darn near did. Got the van home safe and sound. And then found out St. Paul declared back to back snow emergencies. So, yes, we do have our blizzards and cold weather in the winter. I wouldn't trade. I love Minnesota. I love my City - St. Paul and I love the people who helped us today shoveling out our driveway and by the same token we snowblowed three homes this morning. Winter is a fun time here. The sky, right now, is the most beautiful shade of blue.

Edie
Old 12-12-2010, 02:14 PM

Take the time to make a quilt for someone in the nursing home out of your scarps it will take your mind of things.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:29 PM

Here in Oregon, we're getting what's called a, "Pineapple Express". Storm's coming in from the Hawaiian Islands. It's 60° today. Warmer than Florida. :thumbup:
Old 12-12-2010, 04:17 PM

Just hope the power goes out, or if it does that you have a treadle machine available. That is supposed to be Doesn't go out!