Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Snow Bound and No Mail >

Snow Bound and No Mail

Snow Bound and No Mail

Old 12-12-2010, 04:31 PM

Have a home in Maple Grove, Mn. where we live for 4 summer months. TG we live in Fl. during the winter months. Works for us. Miss the snow storms in the winter and the hurricanes in the summer. Have kids in Lakeville, Mn., New Hope, Mn., Zimmerman, Mn. and Lexington, Mn. They are all fine and finally getting some good family time because they're snowed in.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jodimarie
Yea, I see from the weather channel that you guys are really getting hit hard....in fact, they pulled the snowplows off the roads!!! Stay in and stay safe.....hope the power doesn't go out.....and hope I haven't jinxed you by saying that....vbg!!

jodi in leavenworth

PS: yesterday we were in the low 60's.....tonight.....6 but no snow at all....just wind and lots of it!!

I was wondering how the weather was there...I am temp relocated to California. Nice weather so far.
All y'all keep warm there in the midwest.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:34 PM

I'm feeling kind of guilty....It's 82 herein Upland, CA at 4:30 in the afternoon - don't know what the high was. I sure wish I could ship you some warmth and sunshine! Be safe!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:45 PM

I lived out in the country by Detroit Lakes when I was very young, and my most vivid memories are of being COLD!

My girlfriend's daughter has a new job in the cities and will be moving from St. Louis soon. She is getting ready for the new cold she will be experiencing.

I don't like being cold. I left Wisconsin because I don't like shoveling winter. I live by myself, and I have to do all that stuff and I don't want to! I like visiting MN and WI in the summer!
Old 12-12-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Up4BigChal
I can't believe this I ordered over 11 yards of material for a quilt I have been drooling over and decided to take the plunge. Here's the kicker: It started snowing here around Midnight and at this time there is over 12" of snow on my deck I received and email telling me my Material is being delivered today!!!!!!!!!!!! Really there is no Mail Man/Women in this decade that "No Matter Rain Snow!! or Sleet will Stop a Mailman" . well guess what :o( he's not coming today. Now that is true torture, but then again I could be snowbound for 2 years and still be able to make a quilt with all the stash I have. Talk about Addicted!!
Yeah, I'd find snow shoes and walk to the PO for it and bust the door down if necessary!
Old 12-12-2010, 05:15 PM

when life gives you lots of snow...quilt...start another quilt and go at it...i am sure you have another one youd like to do and use out of your stash...make a winter snow stash buster quilt..lol :mrgreen: :lol: :roll: :-D
Old 12-12-2010, 05:42 PM

You have my sympathy. Your storm is hitting Michigan today. The temp. is droppint ot 10 deg. tonite. BRRRRRRRRRR
Old 12-12-2010, 07:49 PM

today is was 89 degrees sunny and clear skies. Love So. Cal. :-)
Old 12-12-2010, 08:01 PM

Hopefully you have something in your stash to hold you over until it can be delivered.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:06 PM

Sorry about your being snowbound! All that wet stuff came over us here in the PNW before heading your way. Pineapple Express they call it....all the way from my home state.
I guess their drought is over for a little while at least...they did have 10 inches of rain overnight in Hilo on Friday!

I consider myself lucky that we didn't get snow with the 1.48 inches of rain we got..that would have been 10.48 inches of white stuff.
I'm like you...I could make quilts and quilt tops for years with what my stash is like! :-P :thumbup:

Stay warm and don't go out in that stuff. Hope your power stays on!