Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: so confused about cutting mats

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a good deal, and Olfa mats hold up really well, better than any other I've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by scowlkat
    Not sure what you mean by one sided? If you are referring to the grid lines, that doesn't mean you can't turn it over and use the other side does it?

I love Olfa and also have a mat I ordered from Salem (custom size) and it is really holding up well!
    Some of the matts are gridded on both sides..and they usually have a different color on the other side also...for instance, my Fiskars is violet on one side with dark lines and pinkish on the other side with dark lines.

crt
    I wouldn't buy anything but an Olfa. I have had my 24 X 36 for several years, and it's not showing any wear. It's easy on my rotary cutter blades, too.

I have a cheapy from WalMart that I bought when I first started, and I hate it.

Blog Entries
    that is a great price for that size cutting mat, go for it, you may as time goes by decide you need a smaller (maybe to take to classes) or a larger one, but that is a great size for all purpose cutting and the price is really good, i've seen 12"x18" mats for $35. and olfa is a quality quilting tools company.

Blog Entries
    that is a great price for that size cutting mat, go for it, you may as time goes by decide you need a smaller (maybe to take to classes) or a larger one, but that is a great size for all purpose cutting and the price is really good, i've seen 12"x18" mats for $35. and olfa is a quality quilting tools company.

I really like the Fiskars mats. I like the thin lines and find it much easier to line up marks on the rulers to the thin lines and 1/4 " dotted lines. The Olfa mats have two different sizes of lines and I find that to be a problem. Also, it may be just me, but I think the Fiskars 'heals' better than Olfas.

Had the yellow Fiskers and HATED it!!! bought a Olfa and LOVE it. could not see the lines on the Fisker and it was very slippery! The Olfa very, very nice. would never buy any other brand no matter the cost. there really is a difference.

figure out a way, I will send u the Fishars mat......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    Sounds like a great deal to me. I love their mats.
    Me too. I want that size. I'm using an 18" x 24" and it's just not big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by candi
    That is the mat i have, size and brand, and I love it.

I have Olfa mats,24x36,24x24,18x24,18x24,12x12,6x6,and 12x18. But I only bought the 12x18.It was my first one.The rest were gifts from my daughters. For birthdays,Christmas they used to ask what I would like to have.I always said quilt supplies. After 2 or 3 years they quit asking and I have a great assortment of mats and rulers and templates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2