Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
so consumed with my lqs experience i forgot to tell you about the quilt police! >

so consumed with my lqs experience i forgot to tell you about the quilt police!

so consumed with my lqs experience i forgot to tell you about the quilt police!

Old 07-06-2010, 04:47 AM

Well, I'm so glad you told the quilt police how you felt about quilts being used! I'm with your husband, I'd been cracking up! :lol: :lol:
Old 07-06-2010, 04:48 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

The nerve of some ppl. You don't want to know what my response would have been. Probably would have had the real police there after I got done.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:56 AM

I hope you don't mind if I laugh. That is too funny. You go girl. I agree, a quilt is to be used and loved. I hand quilt the quilts for my nephews and nothing makes me happier then to see them dragging it around everywhere they go. And I love seeing a quilt as a picnic blanket.

Although, I know someone that used their hand quilted Wedding Ring quilt to lay on the fender of the car so they could work on the car and left it out in the rain. I was little and can still remember the family member that did that to the quilt that my grandmother had made. Now that POs me big time.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:01 AM

You go girl! I'm so glad you let her finish and get it all out of her system. You were very well spoken with your responses. :) I wonder how she feels about her behavior now? :roll:
Old 07-06-2010, 05:11 AM

I know it's not really funny. But reading it was - you wrote the story well.

OMG people just have some nerve these days. I would have had some very serious issues with a complete stranger "man handling" me. My husband would have had bigger problems.

I am sorry that this happened to you. Glad you kept your wits and was able to set her straight on the matter of quilts.

Wishing you many years of STANDING on your quilt!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

i am chuckling over the experience...it was hard to not interupt her and laugh while she ranted...it was quite a rant...i did take me a moment to compose myself when she first grabbed me...i almost hit her myself...but after dh & i both laughed and then went for icecream....my philosophy is if it wears out...i need to make another one...use those quilts...
but watch out, there is Gastapo out there, where you least expect it......................
Old 07-06-2010, 05:18 AM

Sorry she spoke so harshly to you. You are right, quilts are to be used until they are used up. Then we can make some more.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:19 AM

One time i went to a garage sale and the young lady was spreading out quilts to place items on. I remarked how pretty they were and looked almost new. She said "yeah my grandmother made them and would die if she knew that I was using them like this. Then she remarked to herself " I guess I should pick them up". She didn't pick them up.
I told my kids that if they DON"T use them I would be unhappy! Use them up kiddos and I will make more! :-)
Old 07-06-2010, 05:20 AM

Oh my goodness... I'm all for loving quilts, etc. but it's YOUR quilt and you can use it the way you want too... I once took a quilt to a picnic - put it on the ground to sit on and someone asked me if I REALLY wanted to do that... well, yeah!! That poor woman must have a boatload of unused quilts in her closets. I make my quilts to be used too!!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:22 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

If we don't make them to be used them what are we making them for?