Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: so excited!!! I see progress now

They tore out my garage door today and put up a wall with a big window in it. It's finally starting.... :lol: I'm getting my sewing room. I'm turning my attached garage into a sewing room. I can't wait for it to be finished. No pics yet, it's to dark to take one now. But, I'm just so darn excited. It's going to take a while to get it all done, I'm getting my dad to help next with the floor. That might take him a while to get him to come here, but once I do, we could get the whole floor done in a day. Next is adding lots of outlets EVERYWHERE so I can change my room around and not have extention cords all over the place.

Blog Entries
    How exciting for you!! :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Yippee! I am happy for you too!

You are a lucky person.

Blog Entries
    :thumbup:

I'm excited for you too. I know that you will have a lot of fun organizing everything.

Today, on one of my email lists, I saw the two links below. They go to a woman's blog where she talks about her mother's sewing room. There are wonderful pictures to look at as she describes each section. I've got to say that her mother has an awesome mind to have come up with so many wonderful ideas for a sewing room.

It starts here: http://ankastreasures.wordpress.com/...cabinet-ideas/

and continues here: http://ankastreasures.wordpress.com/...eas-continued/

Enjoy!

that will be awesome,sounds like a big room

Congrats , can't wait to see it when it's finished :D :thumbup:

I'm so glad for you, hopefully you put it to real good use.
    Good for you.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    That's awesome!! I'm so happy for you! :D

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    It must be an exciting time at your home. Enjoy.

Oh how fun!! I am in the process of turning my basement in to a quiling room and am SO excited about it. Be sure and take a BEFORE picture tomorrow when you have light!

I am so happy for you. I can't wait to see it done.

Blog Entries
    cool

Blog Entries
    Great for you! Finally starting YOUR project.
    How are you heating your new space in Wisconsin winters?

I checked out those sewing room links someone posted. Nice room - but if I had their money my room would look like that too. LOTS of $$$$$ there!

What a dream come true! Wow!!

doing a happy dance for you. can't wait for the pics

Quote Originally Posted by quiltinghere
    Great for you! Finally starting YOUR project.
    How are you heating your new space in Wisconsin winters?

I checked out those sewing room links someone posted. Nice room - but if I had their money my room would look like that too. LOTS of $$$$$ there!
    Wisconsin winters can get pretty cold. I'm very lucky and the furnace is in the corner of the garage already. I can open the vent and heat up that room right now anytime I want. I will be just adding two heating ducts to each side of the room so it will always stay nice. It's saving alot of money and time using the garage. I have dry wall already done on one wall so I just need to do the others. It's just a concrete floor, so I have to raise it and put a floor in.
    I really am just so excited. I'm picking colors already. I think I'm going to have the walls a bright yellow and accent with black and white(that way I can just paint the walls a different color if I change my mind down the road),and I want a little pop of red in it to.
    I'm going to have a little area for the kids for them to play and I'd like to have a table in there so they can color and do crafts. I want a big cabinet just for them, so they can have all their craft stuff in it. They have lots of foam kits, beads, feathers, all that kind of stuff.

How Exciting !!! Elbow room to spare.!! :)

I am so happy for you to be getting a space likt that!!!!

I too an so excited for you! After all of these years, I finally got MINE when I semi-retired and converted a bedroom into my very own room and space. It's so nice to have most things contained in there {although I have been known to "spread out" when quilting. It give me such peace and joy to go into my very own space and create.

That is fabulous! I really tried to get my husband to put an addition on the house and he would not go for it :( I really wanted a new sewing area that I could fit in to but alas... not going to happen :(

I am so happy for you!! You are going to love it when it's done!

Quote Originally Posted by kapatt
    :thumbup:

I'm excited for you too. I know that you will have a lot of fun organizing everything.

Today, on one of my email lists, I saw the two links below. They go to a woman's blog where she talks about her mother's sewing room. There are wonderful pictures to look at as she describes each section. I've got to say that her mother has an awesome mind to have come up with so many wonderful ideas for a sewing room.

Wow, I wish I had the money to design a room like that. I'm on a budget. I'm doing as much of the work as possible to save money too. But...wow. I wish I could have a room like that. My room will only be like 14x22 and I have to somehow squeeze all my stuff into that and make it look nice enough to work in...lol.
    It starts here: http://ankastreasures.wordpress.com/...cabinet-ideas/

and continues here: http://ankastreasures.wordpress.com/...eas-continued/

Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hperttula123
    Wow, I wish I had the money to design a room like that. I'm on a budget. I'm doing as much of the work as possible to save money too. But...wow. I wish I could have a room like that. My room will only be like 14x22 and I have to somehow squeeze all my stuff into that and make it look nice enough to work in...lol.
    laughing...I just wish I had that much extra space to design a room like that. As I looked at her ideas, my brain started looking at ways I could do some of that without putting a lot of money into it. If I had the money to do it, I would change some things that she did. That great thing about seeing all of that is the ideas that it creates in us to make something that fits our needs.

Aw, LUCKY you!!!!!!!!!

How wonderful for you! Can hardly wait to see the pics! I've been broaching the idea of turning our carport into a sewing room, but my DH is not handy and it would really be expensive. Right now, my cutting board is in the office, my long arm takes up a 9'X15' former bedroom, and my sewing area is in a walk-in closet! I store some of my stash in my sewing area (messy: closet is 5'x8') and the rest under my long arm in plastic bins. Cabinets would be wonderful! And just having everything in the same room would be great!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast