Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: So excited!! More fabric in my future

So excited!! More fabric in my future

So excited!! Just booked tickets to Seoul, South Korea in July. And I am really looking forward to fabric shopping. My favorite place is a 7 story building, chock full of every and any kind of fabric you could ever want. They sell wholesale there so bare minimum purchase is 1yd...and some places won't sell less than 5 yds. Prices are just wonderful...I've found the more you buy at these little "shops", the better the price but it averages $3-$4 a yd. Very high quality fabric lines and wonderful patterns. So I will pack lightly and carry an empty duffel bag. Last trip, I brought 80 yds of fabric home. I always have photos of my quilts on my phone to prove that it's for my own use.

Seoul is very hot this time of year but I am willing to suffer! Wish I could take you all with me for a condensed version of a shop hop~

No wonder you are excited. It sounds like quite the adventure. When you find what you like, make sure you buy enough yardage. Not easy to pop over for another yard or so! Post your purchases when you get home so we can see what you bought.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    A trip to Seoul just to shop hop....what a concept!! Are you sure you don't need someone to carry that empty duffle for you???

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

I miss living in the Far East because I loved the fabric shops. Have fun.

Sounds like a wonderful adventure! Be sure to post pics of your fabrics when you get home so we can all be jealous
    Shannon

Blog Entries
    Sounds like fun. Wish I could be there but you can buy a few fabrics in honor of me while you're there.

Blog Entries
    I have a tip for you...pack clothes you are not in love with and leave them there...more room for fabric in your luggage that way. We (my husband and I) loved to shop when we traveled..we always took last years' clothes and left them to make room for our purchases!!! No one knows you anyway so what difference if you have on older stuff!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    I have a tip for you...pack clothes you are not in love with and leave them there...more room for fabric in your luggage that way. We (my husband and I) loved to shop when we traveled..we always took last years' clothes and left them to make room for our purchases!!! No one knows you anyway so what difference if you have on older stuff!
    I love this idea!

Blog Entries
    I'm excited for you!
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Have a good time! I didn't realize there would be that much fabric to be bought...sounds like a "destination vacation" to me...
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5