Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So, I got this quilting frame... >

So, I got this quilting frame...

So, I got this quilting frame...

Old 02-25-2013, 06:08 AM

Default So, I got this quilting frame...

A 3 year old Gracie Pinnacle with every bell & whistle available for it for $400. The previous owner upgraded to a long arm & a bigger frame. This one is 110 inches long, all metal. It did come with a DVD, but my drive must be shot (or full of bird dust, I have 12 parrots) and it freezes on the DVD player upstairs. Yes, I have a girl cave...lol! I have watched a few video's on you tube, but is there any that I should have watched that I may have missed? Any tricks, tips that I should know about?

Also, I have noticed that the video's all show them placing the fabric into the slot, then placing the tubing over it. When I picked this up the tubing was inside a hem that she made on the fabric. I am guessing to assure that either to assure that the fabric/tubing doesn't slide out, or to simply keep it straighter?

Feeling a bit intimidated,
Diane
Old 02-25-2013, 06:46 AM

Go to Gracie's website or call them. A few yrs ago I had bought an crib size frame, all metal and the LQS didn't send me the directions like promised and they must have called the LQS because a few days later I got it in the mail from the LQS. They are great on customer service so if they don't have videos on the website I'm sure they can get you what you need. Great deal. I got mine for about the same price with stitch requlator and a couple of pantos that were already mounted on it. Now I just have to get around to using it; another thing on my, I'm going to do this yr list.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:50 AM

Just finished putting together my Gracie Pinnacle, didn't find the DVD until I had finished putting it together. Made fabric leaders, but the fabric kept sliding out from under the tubing so the hem idea is great. I'm still struggling to get my frame loaded with practice fabric/batting so I'm no help with advice. Plan to play with it today.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:15 AM

This one has a stitch regulator, but not for any of my machines. it also has a laser pointer for panto's, but no panto's. I guess I could make my own, I'm pretty crafty about making things like that. I think it's my 40 years in the cake decorating business that allows me to copy just about anything I see. It also has a box of plastic snap together pieces to be used as a panto that a little black pointer fits into a groove called the perfect pattern that have some pretty basic things on them.
I guess I will go & place the tubing back into the fabric
Old 02-25-2013, 10:13 AM
Power Poster

http://www.urbanelementz.com/ has a section of free panto pages. You can print out several copies, tape them together, and have a panto to test drive for free!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:47 PM

Oooohhh thanks Prism....I just bookmarked that.....
Old 02-25-2013, 01:07 PM

On my frame I used both the fabric and tubing in the groove and a line of velcro on the rail (came glued on) and sewn onto the leader. There has been no problem with pulling off or loose. Mine is the Grace Majestic but the system is the same.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:39 PM

This has been a GREAT help to me!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWDolmYUMOs
Old 02-25-2013, 07:40 PM

Awesome! TY peeps