Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So I need a new iron >

So I need a new iron

So I need a new iron

Old 04-10-2013, 06:36 PM

I also have a Black & Decker Digital Advantage, and really like it. Someone gave me a good tip and I've passed it along every time irons are discussed. If you live near a Bed, Bath and Beyond, buy it there. Their return policy is "bring it back." I've returned things there and they don't ask how long you've had it, do you have a receipt, or if you have the original box. No questions asked. I don't know if this applies to they're online purchases or not.

Tate
Old 04-10-2013, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by yngldy View Post
I saw the Black and Decker Digital today at Tuesday Morning. Wondered if it was any good, or just a gimmick. Do you have to set the temperature, or is it automatic?
this is the iron I have. I find it to be too heavy after using it for a while.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:39 PM

I bought the $9.99 Continental from Dollar General a couple of weeks ago after reading about it on QB. I haven't used the steam function, but I LOVE the fact that it is hot and there is no shut-off. (It even stayed hot ALL night when I forgot to turn it off...shhhh, don't tell DH!)
Old 04-11-2013, 07:11 PM

no more expensive iron for me. Love my cheap Black and Decker from Walmart also. Discovered the Black and Decker from this board.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:49 AM

I broke down and bought the pricey Reliable Digital V100 2 1/2 years ago. It has a one yr warranty. I loved the iron both for the amount of steam output and the auto shut off override. Well, now 2+ yrs later!MIT is leaking all over the place and the steam output is puny at best. I called the company in Toronto and the man in customer service said not to send it in, it would cost more than its worth to fix, said I should just buy another. At $139, I don't think so! So it's back to the B & D for me.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by RonieM View Post
Well after 10+ years it is time for me to invest in a new iron and I am looking for your input. I want an iron that has great heat and steam and must NOT have an automatic shut off. That just drives me crazy. Price is not a factor because it is much more important to get something that has the features I want and will last for a few years. I look at it as an investment in my happiness.

So what iron would you buy? Do you have one that you just love and would recommend it to another person. Makes and models are appreciated.

I'd also be interested in knowing about any irons you HATE and why.

Thanks a bunch!!

Ronnie
I am surprised no one mentioned the Oliso! I have one and love it to DEATH...I do not have to set it up on the heel...just let go of the handle and it pops up.....it can stay in THAT POSITON AND will not scorch.....the 30 minute auto off feature as well as the pop-up can be disabled if you do not like them.......1800 watts of power...heats fast, stays hot, lots of steam if you want it.........and they do have sales periodically..........
Old 02-07-2014, 10:48 PM

I got a Black and decker Digital Advantage to replace my Rowenta that decided to start melting itself ! I LOVE the B&D !! It has auto shut off BUT, all you do is give it a shake and it comes right back, and it heats up FAST !