Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So SAD!!!

awe sorry to hear that i hope you get a replacement asap !

Bad timing for a breakdown. I am sure they will make it right as soon as possible, but you'll just have to make do until then

My handle wouldn't turn. Called them. They had me wait for an e-mail from them for a number and then mail it to them. Did and had it back fixed within a week. Real fast service. Hope yours is the same.

Sorry to hear that! Keep us informed as to how long it takes them to get you fixed up.

I thought my Go Baby was broke last week but it was just "operator error!" I was going to show some friends how it works. Put the fabric on the die, put paper on the fabric, ran it through the Go Baby and it just swished right on through not cutting anything. I looked it all over and eventually my friends left. Discovered after they left.......I forgot to put the MAT on top. DUH!!! Felt REAL smart. Why does that always happen when someone is watching??!!

Put the fabric on the die, put paper on the fabric, ran it through the Go Baby and it just swished right on through not cutting anything.

Can I ask why you put paper on top of fabric? Are you supposed too?
    I haven't used mine yet, so would like to know about paper.

Thanks,
    Linda

So sorry this happened to you. Hopefully you hear good news soon. Like someone else said I think I would call them for faster results.I don't have one yet but seems like everyone really likes them. I hope to get one maybe next year. Good luck on yours!

1st. I am so sorry for your problems.
    2nd. I want one so bad, I really want to know what happens. My rotary cutter and I am standing by, but praying that the company is a stand-up company and helps you immediately. Please let us know.

I haven't had that problem with the GO, but did have areas of about 1/2" uncut and some threads uncut on one of the dies. I e-mailed them and they e-mailed back and sent a replacement. Quick response. However, if you call them, you're that much ahead, because if they send you another, it would probably go out that same day instead of waiting for e-mail reply, then mailing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda58
    Put the fabric on the die, put paper on the fabric, ran it through the Go Baby and it just swished right on through not cutting anything.

Thanks,
    Linda
    The instructions suggest using paper, but didn't say why. I thought it sounded stupid so didn't do it with the first several cuts of 5" squares. It turns out that the mat will stretch the fabric if you don't use paper and you end up with an UNsquare square. With the paper, the mat will slip a little along the paper and not stretch the fabric. You might not have to worry about it with strips, but I haven't tried the strips yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JustBonnie2
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda58

Thanks,
    Linda
    The instructions suggest using paper, but didn't say why. I thought it sounded stupid so didn't do it with the first several cuts of 5" squares. It turns out that the mat will stretch the fabric if you don't use paper and you end up with an UNsquare square. With the paper, the mat will slip a little along the paper and not stretch the fabric. You might not have to worry about it with strips, but I haven't tried the strips yet.
    OK, that makes sense!! Thank you, I guess I better read all the instructions before I start. I bought a lot of dies, so they may differ.

Quote Originally Posted by kat112000
    I decided to try my hand at the Drunkard's Path with my GO! and go four fat quarters cut and was onto my next cuts and my GO! broke!!! The handle gave out and just spins around and around now! No warning or nothing!! It wasn't hard to put the fabric through or anything!!

So I sent an email off to Accuquilt and will see what happens! I have only made a few projects with my GO! and was lovin it!
    Somehow I feel as if I am falling for a joke but....what's a GO!???please.

The Accuquilt Go! and Accuquilt Go! Baby are die cutters for fabric. Here's a link to what one looks like: http://www.accuquilt.com/GO-Fabric-Cutter-P3006.aspx

Blog Entries
    Please let us know how they resolve this.

Quote Originally Posted by kat112000
    I decided to try my hand at the Drunkard's Path with my GO! and go four fat quarters cut and was onto my next cuts and my GO! broke!!! The handle gave out and just spins around and around now! No warning or nothing!! It wasn't hard to put the fabric through or anything!!

So I sent an email off to Accuquilt and will see what happens! I have only made a few projects with my GO! and was lovin it!
    I have heard all great things with Accuquilt company. More than likely they will call you instead of emailing you. Well that is if they have your phone number. I heard they have a repair kit for the handle that is very simple to fix. Good luck. I love my GO! too.

Quote Originally Posted by pojo
    I was thinking about one someday. But I heard this has happen to several people. I don't know now.
    It may have happened to a few people, but on the other hand look and the thousands that it hasn't happened to? Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by JustBonnie2
    The Accuquilt Go! and Accuquilt Go! Baby are die cutters for fabric. Here's a link to what one looks like: http://www.accuquilt.com/GO-Fabric-Cutter-P3006.aspx
    Thank you JUSTBONNIE.....I didn't realize it was called a "Go".
    I think I'll just wait a while though before I take the plunge. Right now it feels too technical for me and the price is too high.
    I'll stick with the tools I have, and love, but I'll keep my eyes open for a real workshop so I can see how it works. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2