Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So what is everyone working on? >

So what is everyone working on?

So what is everyone working on?

Old 04-02-2008, 11:06 AM

I finished a rag quilt this weekend for a baby gift and didn't get a picture before it was gifted.

I am putting the rows together on a pattern called too pretty to cut. I messed up cutting the borders, but think I have it all figured out and can add an extra row of blocks. Hopefully I can get it done this evening.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:21 AM

Pam H, How did your I spy 4 patch quilts come out? Are you done with them? I am thinking about making I spy quilts for twin babies due in July & I was just curious how yours turned out. Maybe you could post a photo of them?
Old 04-18-2008, 10:35 AM

I've been hand quilting a old churn dash top I bought at the flea market a long time ago. I think most of the material is from the 40's. Anyway, it is a good undemanding project for me. I am recovering from a total hip replacement earlier this month and am spending a fair amount of time resting. Hand quilting is one thing I can do.

Have any of you guys had a hip replacement? I would love to hear how long it took you to recover,etc, if you have.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:37 AM

I haven't had a hip replacement, but I would like mine replaced with smaller ones. :wink:
Old 04-18-2008, 11:43 AM

I started to work on 3 squares at once. They are fun! Have to put them aside and make a quick throw for a raffle for next Thursday. I'm going to make 18 crumb blocks and alternate with sashing and sunbonnet sue blocks. I'm going to fusbile web applique the sues on. Once assembled, it will be the raffle quilt for my Mom's side of the family this year.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:15 PM

OK, I know I am slow as christmas. I just finished quilting my black and white around the world. Actually, it has taken me a while. It is this huge king sized thing, and my sewing machine is a tiny Bernette. I did it though. My back and arms are still sore. Now, I plan on binding it this weekend. I hate binding, so I am kinda dragging my feet. Then I hope to get a log cabin baby quilt cut out and started for a friend. As soon as I finish with my black and white around the world, I will post it. Not to toot my own horn, but it is stunning. I made it for me, and I have always wanted a black and white one. I guess it is good I think it is so pretty. It's ending up on my bed! LOL.

Thanks,
Robbi
Old 04-18-2008, 06:46 PM

I am working on another mariners star quilt for my bed. I am quilting on and off on the one from my mom. I hope to have it done soon so I can ship it off to her.

Loretta, I would love to see your quilt. I have always loved the look of Grandmothers Flower Garden. Someday when I finish all the UFOs I have here I might be able to attempt one.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:48 PM

I'm not working on anything.
I'm in a bit of a sewing funk, but HAVE to get back in there. Need to figure out this block/middle for the Round Robin.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:31 PM

I'm working on my BOM which will be over in June finally. It started15 monthes ago. I'm getting 4 quilts ready for the longarm which I rent at the local quilt shop. Have to get backs ready for them. Doing a Crumb quilt and several table runners. I'm also trying to figure out how to post pictures on this site. I've got them all in the computer now what? I read the instructions from Admin. but I don't get it! Time to call on the Grandson again I guess. One of these days I'll suprise all of you! I hope.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:45 PM

My SIL had hip replacement & she recovered fairly fast. I can't rememeber the amount of time but I've heard it is usually a quicker healing time compared to knee replacement. I suppose it is different for everyone. I know my sister in law got a lot of relief from her hip replacement...so that's the up side. :D