Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So what quilting projects are you working on this weekend? >

So what quilting projects are you working on this weekend?

So what quilting projects are you working on this weekend?

Old 03-12-2011, 07:12 AM

I am finishing a baby quilt for my niece. Her mother told me not to make anything for her wedding since they dont like home made stuff. Well I am doing it anyways and just sending it to her. Tough tea bags to mom
Old 03-12-2011, 07:49 AM

I finished a warm wishes top last weekend with borders. I can't get over how much the borders really brought to the top. Looks great! I need to get that sucker basted this weekend. With no one here to help, I don't know what I'll be able to do. But I have some painters tape and my 505. Perhaps my young sons are up for some manual labor on the floor with mom and her "quilty stuff".

I also want to work some more on 2 projects. I guess I could call them UFOs as they've been in process over a year. I'm working on these two until their finished. Once they're done, I can start on my table runners for Christmas this year. Hoping for next month. This weekend, post basting, I can get to piecing on them some more.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

I have some appliques to cut for a lady, willbe fun, all my favorite colors. Also practicing my machine embrodery! Bought some cheap hand towel, some flanne for baby blanket, a little apron for neice.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:22 AM

I'm handpiecing a grandma flower garden today. Then hoping to get a top pieced for quilting next week. I'm working the LQS while the owner is in Lancaster so I should have plenty of uninterrupted quilting time on the horizon.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:34 AM

I got the baby projects all done yesterday and DH is asking for those jeans and I promised him once this quiting was done for the new baby to be - he is next on my list - so as much as I hate shortening jeans - here goes! Ruining my weekend, but probably making me feel a whole lot better once it is done!!! I know he'll feel a whole lot better once he can pick and choose again without having to inspect everyone of his jeans to see if one pair is fit to wear to town without covering them with coveralls. lol So, you can find me between hems - pins - and not using my best thoughts at times; hate it - hate it - hate it!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:53 AM

Just finished the "sandwich" for my grandson's quilt last night. Plan on starting the actual hand quilting as soon as the housework is done. It's a large queen size so I guess I'll be quilting for a while.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:12 AM

I am doing free motion on borders on a quilt for my brother. If this gets done then I can bind it and get it done. Also working on block of the month Patriots & Petticoats. I also have 3 quilts to sandwich. Now this all won't get done this weekend but I know I will finish brother's quilt and BOM. ha ha ha
Old 03-12-2011, 09:47 AM

Still struggling with the single bed-sized quilt for my daughter, which I've been trying to complete for the past 3 years! LOL. I'm totally new to machine quilting, hence taking too much time. Doing SITD as this is what I could manage currently.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:11 AM

I am going to finish catching up on my Pinwheels..I started late and have been sewing leaders and enders between each 5" pinwheel square. I am using MSQ's method of sewing the 4 sides together, cutting them, arranging them and sewing them back together as pinwheels. So, there is going to be a lot of little 2.5" squares when I am done with the 50 pinwheels! I have no idea what to do with them but they are stash-busting for me! And as shown by the picture...I am piece-stitching!

Please pass along ideas for all of these little squares! I want to make a scrappy quilt.....(with a pattern???)

WIP
[ATTACH=CONFIG]123307[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-123302.jpe  
Old 03-12-2011, 11:57 AM

working on a pattern from the Fon's Porter magazine,cutting the fabric out first marking ea section bagging it , guess you could say Im making a kit up for when we're in Las Vagas visiting I can just take it out and sew away