Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So what sewing/quilting thing work on today? >

So what sewing/quilting thing work on today?

So what sewing/quilting thing work on today?

Old 01-16-2012, 07:57 PM

Default So what sewing/quilting thing work on today?

So nice to have today off, but had a dr's appt in the middle of the day which interrupted my pj time. I did manage to cut a turning twenty for a wedding gift hopefuly. Also,delivered 5 dog pillows (made yesterday)to the humane society today, will keep some little doggies off a cold floor anyway. Then I made 2 phone holders. OMG, I love them. They are so cute. Did some FM on a quick little baby blanket, maybe I can finish that tonite or tomorrow. Ran out of day...
Old 01-16-2012, 07:58 PM

Wow! you got a lot accomplished. Good for you!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:04 PM

Wow! It sounds like you got a lot accomplished!! Doesn't it sometimes seem like we work harder on a day off! So thoughtful of you to make the dog pillows. You will make a lot of dogs happy.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 PM

I got as far as picking out a pattern and some fabric from the stash to start a charity quilt. Then the hubby decides he needs help in figuring out a screw up in his checkbook ...and that mushroomed into a 2 hour session on the computer and phone...still no answer. Maybe tomorrow will be a better sewing day.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:22 PM

Default Projects and Snow

I escaped as far as my LQS where I intended to finish quilting my Northern Pines quilt. However I ended up getting my color block fabric together and cutting out my Big Shirt pattern. Ended up needing to buy extra fabric and fixing another set for the colorblock in order to recut a back piece. Hope to get it finished tonight and will take it down to the shop for display for a while.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:27 PM

I worked on a new quilt this morning and afternoon. Tonight I worked on "foot pockets" for the card game we play called Foot and Mouth. The foot is like a second hand and you need a place to put it until you play the first hand. Usually we sit on them, but I decided to make little pockets on neck strings for everyone to use. Will be using scraps.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:36 PM

Our ladies club is meeting Wednesday night so I made a couple samples HST for the raffle quilt we'll have this summer. I've got 12 embroidered blocks my 94 year old cousin did a few years back. I've had the black print for the pieced block parts for a good while and can't decide on what color to use for the simple pinwheel blocks.

So---I've got green with the black and wine red with the black to let them see. So far, I prefer the wine red--which is also the flower color in the embroidered blocks. When we're done----------we may end up with something besides the pinwheel. My original thought was pink for the other pinwheel color. It's just too much contrast, I think.
Then Thursday it's going to be back to finishing two baby quilts that have been stuck in limbo forever.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:00 AM

What a productive and selfless day. Well done.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:01 AM

I cleaned up my mess from my last project and now have hemming to do then quilting some quilts, hopefully on Tuesday.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:36 AM
SEW

Today will be my sewing day...hopefully I won't get too distracted. I am making doll clothes for my little granddaughter who will be visiting us from South Africa. I have not seen her in several years so I am very excited (thus easily distracted)! While here, she will be turning 6 years old, so we have alot to celebrate!