Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soooo Disappointed!

Soooo Disappointed!

I ordered 8 charm packs from an online website. One of the ones I ordered is Moda Lakeside Resort. The website I used showed squares of a cabin, a lake, a dock and a tire swing, etc.
    The charm pack has NONE of that. After some research, it looks like those are on a panel. The website has no indication of that at all, I would have ordered a panel if I had known. grrrr!

Power Poster
    I agree, grrrrrrr!

I would return them and ask for a refund.
    Families are like old quilts....although they tend to unravel at times...each can be stitched back together with love.

Blog Entries
    Bummer. One of the drawbacks of purchasing online, I suppose. Can you return some of the charm packs in exchange for the printed panel?

I would return and order the panel.

Blog Entries
    many times charm packs are (coordinates) that go with a panal- or fabric line that has a main fabric and the charms- i've bought charms that pretty much cut off all of the pictures that were part of a main fabric- it is hard to tell what you will get when a yard of fabric is simply cut into 5" squares without taking design into consideration.
    now i only look at charm packs in the lqs so i can fan them out & see what is there- unless they are just blenders/backgrounds.
    you may be able to return your pack you are unhappy with-
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I am so sorry that happened to you. Returning is an option, but a pain to have to send it back. And you lose your shipping money you paid to have it shipped and then you lose the money you are paying to ship it back. I've done it and I've also just kept the item because it's not worth it. Maybe you can order the panel and use the charms to make a quilt with the panel.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Quote Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
    I am so sorry that happened to you. Returning is an option, but a pain to have to send it back. And you lose your shipping money you paid to have it shipped and then you lose the money you are paying to ship it back. I've done it and I've also just kept the item because it's not worth it. Maybe you can order the panel and use the charms to make a quilt with the panel.
    This is what I'll probably do. I emailed the company, so I'll wait for their response.

For future reference, you can check out what is available in Moda fabric lines by going to this site http://www.unitednotions.com/un_main...gsoon!OpenPage

Blog Entries
    contact them and complain. you might get the panel!!

"As to the Lakeside Resort, this is Moda's swatch photo for the collection. If you can still locate other venders with this group you will see that they are using the same photo. If you look into the item description, you will see that we always have photos showing the entire group and there you will see that this is fabric panel, and not cabins on 5" squares. "

This is the response I got from customer service. I emailed back and asked if they had the panel and they haven't answered yet.

Vat
    One reason I DO NOT order online.

That is one of the things I LOVE LOVE LOVE about Missouri Star Quilt! Any precuts they have posted on the site, they have an adjoining link that shows the ENTIRE collection in that precut selection. Sometimes, I've seen charms or layer cakes for sale that show a multicolor print as the top square, but when I've looked at the whole selection, I didn't care for several other prints in the collection. Not all shops show it that way, as far as I've seen Missouri Star Quilt always does. It does help to have several shops & sites that you are familiar with & know how they show what they sell and also how friendly their customer service is.
    I have that same set of charms but also got the panel for it from a different shop, so that I could use them together. You might also find some jelly strips that would coordinate or pull them together. If it was a good deal, I'd find a way to use them.

contact them and complain....stick to your guns!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    Bummer. One of the drawbacks of purchasing online, I suppose. Can you return some of the charm packs in exchange for the printed panel?
    This is what I would try to do. I'd call this false advertising - and there's a lot of that going on.

do you want to tell us the site, so others can beware of this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWEETPEACHES View Post
    I ordered 8 charm packs from an online website. One of the ones I ordered is Moda Lakeside Resort. The website I used showed squares of a cabin, a lake, a dock and a tire swing, etc.
    The charm pack has NONE of that. After some research, it looks like those are on a panel. The website has no indication of that at all, I would have ordered a panel if I had known. grrrr!

Good information. I haven't purchased on line. I usually make my own charms and have plenty in my stash
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

If you're unable to use them, try to return them.
    Lynn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilter 1234 View Post
    do you want to tell us the site, so others can beware of this site.
    I'm not sure it's the seller's fault. Most of the precuts come from the manufacturer already cut and packaged. She could have purchased the charm packs anywhere and had the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    I'm not sure it's the seller's fault. Most of the precuts come from the manufacturer already cut and packaged. She could have purchased the charm packs anywhere and had the same result.
    Very true. I've looked at places and seen names like "rustic lodge" fabric and there isn't much about the fabric that is rustic--and there is not a sign of a lodge on the fabric--but it all manages to coordinate and some fabric somewhere might have a lodge--but most of it is just coordinating colors. It can be frustrating, actually, if you are looking for a special theme fabric.

http://jellyrolls2go.com/lakeside-resort.html

Maybe it was my fault, but in my opinion they shouldn't have shown the panel with the charm pack if it wasn't included.

I double that!

Quote Originally Posted by ShabbyTabby View Post
    Sharon (Gypsylady)

On the web site, under fabric & panels, they show the panels in 2 colors, the blue and the creamy color. There price was better than some of the the other places that have the panels. Hope you find your panel.

Quote Originally Posted by ShabbyTabby View Post
    I agree 100%. A reputable company won't give you a hassle, either.

Quote Originally Posted by one-and-only View Post
    On the web site, under fabric & panels, they show the panels in 2 colors, the blue and the creamy color. There price was better than some of the the other places that have the panels. Hope you find your panel.
    I found the panels for 5.25 each on Ebay. I ordered 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast