Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soooooo, How did they like their quilt???

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas friends... Please tell us how everyone loved their new quilt?

My Mom and Grandmother LOVED Their quilts!! So much so that the double weddingring quilt is now used as artwork :)

My DH loved his scrappy quilt. Hopefully he'll stop stealing my favorite power nap quilt now that he has one of his own!

The grandboys snuggled up in theirs, actually, right after they had jammies on they asked for their quilts and were alseep in less than 5 minutes.

I made my first quilt and it was for my niece. She loved it!! I told her it was my first and it was a little off, but she said she didn't care that she loved it and would use it tonight.

I made my oldest daughter a Christmas Tree wallhanging and sent it off to her. It was a surprise as I had already sent her another gift. She has never been very interested in my sewing and quilting projects , but she loved the wallhanging and called me right away when she got it, I could hear in her voice that she really did love it and I was very touched that she was so pleased by something that I had made especially for her.

Blog Entries
    Two of my DGSs will be getting their quilts in about an hour.
    Cross your fingers!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
    Two of my DGSs will be getting their quilts in about an hour.
    Cross your fingers!
    I am sure that they will love them :) Merry Christmas :)

My mom and MIL both *cried*! They loved them. I made a set of oven mitts, place mats and pot holders for my brother, and he also loved the set! Next Christmas the Dad's are getting quilts, and my Grandmother...I really should have done one for her this year, I just didn't have time...

Blog Entries
    I made a table topper, coasters, hot pad and apron for DIL, and I wasn't that happy with them and she has great taste, so I actually was hesitent to give them to her, but she said she really loved them and while she might have been being nice, I think she was pleased. She commented on how pretty the fabric was, said she would have it on her table today. Little granddaughter, Sydney, was so happy with her Amer. Girl doll and the clothes I made for it. She slowly looked at each one, and then she put on the matching nightgowns. I know she was happy!!

Blog Entries
    My husband absolutely loved his steam train quilt!!

Merry Christmas ti all. GS loved his flannel quilt. DD & Son-in-Law were thrilled with the quits I helped their daughters make. Not a dry eye in the house.

Merry Christmas to all. GS loved his flannel quilt. DD & Son-in-Law were thrilled with the quits I helped their daughters make. Not a dry eye in the house.

Blog Entries
    awww....too sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    The grandboys snuggled up in theirs, actually, right after they had jammies on they asked for their quilts and were alseep in less than 5 minutes.

Blog Entries
    Love hearing about everyones gifts being loved & appreciated.Know you all worked hard to get them done.

Quote Originally Posted by ddrobins1956
    I made my oldest daughter a Christmas Tree wallhanging and sent it off to her. It was a surprise as I had already sent her another gift. She has never been very interested in my sewing and quilting projects , but she loved the wallhanging and called me right away when she got it, I could hear in her voice that she really did love it and I was very touched that she was so pleased by something that I had made especially for her.

My Mom and my sister both loved their quilts.........my sister's actually brought tears to her eyes - my mom is already looking forward to putting her on her bed...it makes it all worth while.... :-)

Blog Entries
    Glad you got a great response to your quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockeb
    My Mom and my sister both loved their quilts.........my sister's actually brought tears to her eyes - my mom is already looking forward to putting her on her bed...it makes it all worth while.... :-)

I would really like to see a picture of your steam train quilt. I want to make one for my Dh. Thanks

My Mom loved her quilt and her quicky lap dog quilt! It made it all worth it!

Blog Entries
    There is always a time for a gift just because. The surprise gifts are always wonderful gifts. You never know when someone just needs to be reminded they are loved. Don't wait for next Christmas!

Blog Entries
    I made three fleece tied bed size blankets for three boys and they loved them. They kept asking you made this? For Me? Each had the design of their favorite sports team.

I made my daughter's best friend a quilt and my daughter told me she cried when she gave it to her. Sure is nice when they appreciate the work you have put in it.

Blog Entries
    I sent my dad in Ohio, who was an avid fisherman, now in a nursing home, a flannel quilt made from fabric with a fishing/camping theme. His email back to me said: "...THANK YOU FOR COOKIES AND ESPECIALY THE QUILT WHICH IS BEAUTIFUL AND NOW PUTS ME TO SLEEP THINKING OF CAMPING AND FISHING !!!"

(for some reason, he always shouts now in his emails ... all caps!)

I had fun making this one for him.

Thanks, everyone, this is such a nice, heartwarming post. I made mug rugs for everyone in my office and I got a great response. When I was wrapping them, I was thinking each one is a miniature quilt. They were wonderful practice binding- my miters are so much better now~ Merry Christmas!

My cousin loved her throw. I used lots of shades of purple and green, because when we go on our annual shopping expedition, she has a problem finding clothes in the 'right' shade of purple and she likes a certain shade of green for kitchen accessories. My nephew loved the throw I made him with Boy Scout fabric. At the time I was planning his quilt, I could only find one licensed print in stock, online and local. So I got that and found a yellow fabric printed with arrows which brought to mind 'the order of the Arrow' for scouts. He is 9 years old and has a lot of earned patches and his mother said he needs something to sew his patches to. This fits the bill and as a nice year old, I was surprised he studied it close enough to recognize the print, with all the toys he did get for Christmas!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast