Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sorting my stash

My latest "project" - I've started sorting through my scraps, cutting them into strips and squares. Then I put same size strips/blocks sorted by lights/darks into plastic sandwich bags. I figure with any luck I might have this done in a year or so - maybe I'll even have time to use these eventually.

hehe. I don't wish your task on anyone. but when it is done you will look back and be thankful that you did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marion Jean
    My latest "project" - I've started sorting through my scraps, cutting them into strips and squares. Then I put same size strips/blocks sorted by lights/darks into plastic sandwich bags. I figure with any luck I might have this done in a year or so - maybe I'll even have time to use these eventually.
    :) I'm starting on my scraps too. I have so many that tonight I will be ironing and cutting into strips and tomorrow, my mom will be coming over and we will be attempting a couple scrappy quilts out of it. I started sorting already and I have kid fabrics in one section, flannel in another and the rest is what we will be using.

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    Just a few weeks ago I sorted through 3 years of scraps, cutting only 3 x 5 rectangles for flying geese, putting the small stuff in 3 STUFFED priority mail boxes. I posted here (in a thread, not in the "for sale" category) that I would give them for the cost of postage and got 20+ inquiries.

Blog Entries
    I done that ONCE .I had yrs of scraps I vowed to never let it pile up again so now when a project is completed I cut and add them to a future Scrap Quilt box for a time when I need a quick gift or a simple project to keep me busy and out of the fabric shops ,I figure what the yardage is in it and charge myself 3.$ per yard to go into a rainy day fund for a special wanted fabric. So far its working out real good for me and I seem to be getting a handle on my addiction :-P :-P