Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Spring flowers >

Spring flowers

Spring flowers

Old 04-18-2023, 03:35 AM

Your quilt is beautiful and you are doing a great job!
Old 04-18-2023, 04:34 AM

Your quilt looks so spring-ish (if that's a word) If you decide to go with grey, go with the light one, not the dark. I think the dark one would look very heavy. I would be more tempted to go with one the other colours or even the white.

Since you seem to have a lot of different shades of white now, you can always deliberately mix them together in a block and in a quilt.
Old 04-18-2023, 06:54 AM

There is a tutorial here on QB about setting triangles at Pieced Setting Triangles which gives a link to another page that gives more info. If you scroll down a bit on the linked page there is a pdf that you can print out.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 04-18-2023, 11:17 AM

Thank you for all the responses and suggestions. I'm off to sew !!!!
Old 04-18-2023, 02:38 PM
Power Poster

Totally Agree with GingerK ...Your quilt is definitely nice and Spring'ish!

Honey58 ... For sure, I am in the don't cut your work off and use filler background triangles. Because different sides of the blocks will be against those filler tri's, I'd audition fabrics and see what works best. My first thought is the light grey, but you may not be happy with "losing" the light grey small squares across the top. Another audition (for me) would be some of the small prints you have (if you have enough). But again, may not work when touching up to your blocks. Another possibility, a very pale pink or mauve?

But as I type this out, my is going towards the small prints, and continue that on as a wider strip/border. All depends on how big you want the quilt to finish.

Well done and certainly a lovely "spring'ish" quilt!
Old 04-18-2023, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Totally Agree with GingerK ...Your quilt is definitely nice and Spring'ish!

Honey58 ... For sure, I am in the don't cut your work off and use filler background triangles. Because different sides of the blocks will be against those filler tri's, I'd audition fabrics and see what works best. My first thought is the light grey, but you may not be happy with "losing" the light grey small squares across the top. Another audition (for me) would be some of the small prints you have (if you have enough). But again, may not work when touching up to your blocks. Another possibility, a very pale pink or mauve?

But as I type this out, my is going towards the small prints, and continue that on as a wider strip/border. All depends on how big you want the quilt to finish.

Well done and certainly a lovely "spring'ish" quilt!
Hmmmmm... I had not thought about "losing" the lighter grey squares.. Good point and thanks for opening my eyes to it.
Old 04-18-2023, 07:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honey58 View Post
Hmmmmm... I had not thought about "losing" the lighter grey squares.. Good point and thanks for opening my eyes to it.
Just passing it on to you as a lesson learned in my past ... the hard way! the important thing is that you do you, and if you are OK with it, then go for it. Keep in mind, the same thing may happen with any fabrics you choose.

Just take your time to audition and you'll be happy, I am sure! Good Luck! and Just keep having FUN with it all!
Old 04-19-2023, 03:05 AM

For your setting triangles, just "Google" setting triangles. Lots of different charts and explanations will pop up. Use the one that makes the most sense to you. I use one from Bonnie Hunter, but all of therm are the same only explained slightly differently. the time.Each one I found had a detailed explanation for calculating your triangles but also a chart. I use the chart the majority of the time. If in doubt make my triangles just slightly bigger, like a 1/4 ", than you think they need to be and trim up after you are finished.