Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Squishy turned into a box of goodies

Best wishes for a full recovery -- the best RX will be getting back to quilting!

Blog Entries
    I have a question. How do people get squishies and gifts to other people on the board without the receiver knowing who it comes from? How do they get your address? I just wondered about that because I see these notes all the time and there are times I would like to send a little gift or a card to someone and I don't know how to go about it. Thanks.

So sorry to hear of your accident. I hadn't read your post regarding this. I pray you have a speedy recovery. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Hope you are on the road to recovery and that the squishes you received helped.

Blog Entries
    Squishees are wonderful. Hoping you are doing better Franie and the healing process goes quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK
    I have a question. How do people get squishies and gifts to other people on the board without the receiver knowing who it comes from? How do they get your address? I just wondered about that because I see these notes all the time and there are times I would like to send a little gift or a card to someone and I don't know how to go about it. Thanks.
    I agree with Anna how did she get the gift

You can ask someone who has sent them something in the pay it forward thread, or if they have an angel, but otherwise, it's not easy.
    Or just ask one of us with fibro, we are in a fog so often we won't remember giving you our address in a few days. LOL!!
    Hugs and smiles,

Hi frannie, I am new here to this board, but wanted to tell you that I, too, recently broke my leg and am in a wheelchair.
    I found using our treadle machine to be great therapy--not only for my leg but my sanity-- and good exercise. And I'm slowly piecing a quilt, too. Wishing you the best, Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Kooklabell
    Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts
    it's awful when you find them with your fingers before you see them with your eyes.

But I still don't know what Franie got??
    Frannie got a box of "fun things". Could be anything, like candy, magazines, material, stuff like that. A squishy is kind of a present. :)

Hope your ankles are getting better Frannie! Let us know what the doctor says! We need you at your Lizzy and back on the board (full time) We miss you!
    Thank you to asking what a squishy is and receiving an answer!

Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    How sweet was that? Glad it brightened your day. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Oh I am so sorry. Are you in a cast then? I hope I never break another bone--this was my first and I did a good number on it.

I have not tried the sewing machine yet but tomorrow will probably happen. I don't have a treadle but wish I did. Don't know when I can get to use My Tin Lizzie again.

Thanks for the get well wishes. Same goes for you too--get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sew 'n Sue
    Hi frannie, I am new here to this board, but wanted to tell you that I, too, recently broke my leg and am in a wheelchair.
    I found using our treadle machine to be great therapy--not only for my leg but my sanity-- and good exercise. And I'm slowly piecing a quilt, too. Wishing you the best, Sue

Power Poster
    Ahmen to that quilters are special people.

Blog Entries
    So sorry about your ankles. But have to say if you have to be confined to a wheelchair it's probably a good opportunity to get going on all your Xmas presents. Sorry if I sound insensitive, didn't mean to. Hope you are all healed and feeling great long before that.

Blog Entries
    Sending wishes for a speedy return to your old self!

Goodness, Franie, how did you break your ankle? Poor thing! I hope someone looks in on you several times a day! My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Good Morning,
    I am the queen of clutts ville. Just in the last two months I have cracked my head open,fallen a few times and tore something in the spine.I understand being stuck in bed.
    It is exciting that you had a package of joy arrive.
    My down time has been filled with looking at projects to do. This has also been a good time to recycle,cutting up scraps.
    BE WELL SOON!
    Have fun with the package of Joy,
    Christina (Chrissy)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3