Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stabilizer Storage System Pattern >

Stabilizer Storage System Pattern

Stabilizer Storage System Pattern

Old 01-30-2011, 07:25 AM

Has anyone made this Stabilizer Storage System Pattern? If so, just wondering how the process went and if it is easier than the instructions look.

http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...tem+pattern.do

Thanks,
Vicki
Attached Thumbnails attachment-166236.jpe  
Old 01-30-2011, 07:32 AM

I have have used something similar for ribbons and it worked wonderfully well.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:04 AM

I didn't make one, just went to Wal-Mart and bought an over-the-door shoe holder that has horizontal pockets rather than vertical and it is perfect. Have been using it for years. Plus the pockets are clear vinyl and I can see the labels.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:44 AM

This looks to be a good solution for storage of rolls.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:56 AM

I had used an old shoe rack that I found at the thrift store for a few bucks. It was the kind that fit over the door and had removable rods which I put my stabilizer on. Bad thing was it only had 4 or 5 rods and I have more stabilizer than that. I quit using it for that (now use it to dry hang up clothes) and I put all my stabilizers in a square wicker basket. I like them all in one place and now don't have to wonder "where is the cutaway?"
Old 01-30-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
I didn't make one, just went to Wal-Mart and bought an over-the-door shoe holder that has horizontal pockets rather than vertical and it is perfect. Have been using it for years. Plus the pockets are clear vinyl and I can see the labels.
I'm with you....have the exact thing you do and it works great! :thumbup:
Old 01-30-2011, 01:59 PM

I make good use of the really cheap racks for organizing kitchen tools. I have a rack meant to hold stuff like wax paper rolls etc. hung on either side of the dresser I use for a cutting and ironing surface in my sewing room. They holds up to 8 full rolls of stabilizers. Above the dresser I have a wire rack meant to hold pan lids that holds a lot of my rulers and even a narrow cutting board. A wire rack meant to be a small dish drainer holds my dies and mats for my Baby Go machine. Most of these items were purchased either at the Dollar store or through catalogues for very little money. The drawers of the dresser hold the rest of my stabilizer supplies, especially the amounts I purchased by the yard from JoAnn's etc. I also use the wire racks meant to extend shelf space in your kitchen cupboards to maximize the surface space on the table that holds my two embroidery machines. There is a lot of vertical space that goes unused in most of our homes. Check out the Dollar stores and even the big home improvement stores for closet storage ideas. They have lots of reasonably priced items that make great sewing, quilting and embroidery storage.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:30 PM

Thanks for the great suggestions - sounds like there are much easier solutions than making one and definitely much less expensive!