Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stain Glass Quilt Class !! >

Stain Glass Quilt Class !!

Stain Glass Quilt Class !!

Old 10-06-2009, 05:07 PM

Skeat,
Glad you had fun. That is the most important.
Be sure to keep us posted as it progresses, I can't wait to see finished product.

Bettia
Old 10-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the info. Glad you had a good time.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Banned

Well I'm jealous ! No free classes around here :cry: ! I would love to do that . Where do you live , I'n in Va . Annie
Old 10-07-2009, 01:48 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Hey Skeat what fun you had! I laughed out loud about you ripping that paper off cos you were so excited! And your angel is REALLY pretty! I guess the double needle stitches either side of the bias down at the same time? Looking forward to watching your progress. :wink:

Cajun - re keeping fabric just as a 'pet' - we're ALL crazy like that, you're among friends here! :D
Old 10-07-2009, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinMamaw
Well I'm jealous ! No free classes around here :cry: ! I would love to do that . Where do you live , I'n in Va . Annie
Now, that is what I have always believed too...here's the deal on that. We have been visiting area guilds...and, my first experience on that was to buy my own nametag and those 3 behind me for I had to buy a nametag even though I was a visitor and they had no change for my dollar to purchase my .25cent nametag! That was just the first of many for me at this meeting:)I laughed all the way home...but, kept trying!! We found another group that stays busy and does much...but, it would be close to midnight for us to return from that one...not good. That would have been a really fun one though...so, finally tried this one...they were great!! They are a doing group...doesn't seem to be too clicky in groups, and most very pleasant....best part is, this group had some newer quilters that started to ask how to do stuff and this gal stepped up to the plate and said she'd be glad to teach whatever you wanted to learn...so, they have been! And she refuses to take money, gifts, etc...she just enjoys it. So, once a month, the morning before their guild meeting...they are being taught something:)We've already missed much...:)So,keep looking out there....! If you are in a guild...present this idea....sure, you will have your people w/concrete in their shoes...they can just stay home and complain about this being done...for the class will be full.I didn't count, but, I'd say over 20 at least participated in this class....that is a good head count and 4 of us were new:)Skeat
Old 10-07-2009, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Skeat....how did she stitch it with the double needle? I love to use it...well I did in the class that taught me how to use it, but other than hemming my DH's pants...I haven't been able to use it.

BTW...that class sure sounds like a blast...enjoy!
The bias strip is 1/4"...so, the double needle sewed right inside the edge at the same time on both sides of the strip...it looked awesome!!! Go try it...I'd love for you to show and tell us how on that....I'm just barely safe w/one needle:)I'd like to try it!SKeat
Old 10-07-2009, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Hey Skeat what fun you had! I laughed out loud about you ripping that paper off cos you were so excited! And your angel is REALLY pretty! I guess the double needle stitches either side of the bias down at the same time? Looking forward to watching your progress. :wink:

Cajun - re keeping fabric just as a 'pet' - we're ALL crazy like that, you're among friends here! :D
You were right about the double needle thinking:)And, glad I could give you some chuckles:)Skeat

Cajun...she is right...just keep patting that fabric...but, it is sad...for it needs more friends!!LOL(That means go shopping for more!!)
Old 10-07-2009, 03:37 AM

Ok, that looks like TOO MUCH FUN!
Skeat, come here and show me how to do it!

BTW...you joining Secret Santa? I bet I could find another cute ornament. lol
Old 10-07-2009, 03:42 AM
Banned

ihow exciting for you :D
Old 10-07-2009, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Ok, that looks like TOO MUCH FUN!
Skeat, come here and show me how to do it!

BTW...you joining Secret Santa? I bet I could find another cute ornament. lol
OMG! I will check that out!! I've been doing some serious bargain/on sale/clearance-ing!! So am about ready and so relieved I have not been placed on the naughty list....:)Skeat