Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: starting on next christmas, anyone else?

I have too many UFOs and must clear some of them out to even have room in my closet for more fabric! Next projects include a tote bag for DIL, three baby quilts, and a new quilt for my guest room. Oh, and I signed up with my sis-in-law for a quilt class at the LQS this month, then today she asked me to take a crochet class with her at the local university. I am feeling overwhelmed! But, I'm sure next time I go to the LQS, some fabric or another will be calling my name...happens every time! HELP!

yes, I too, bought fabric for next Christmas gifts, but what the heck it is a good excuse to shop for a stash. now just need time to use it.as for now I have the flu so not much sewing going on, I need a couple of prayers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto girl View Post
    yes, I too, bought fabric for next Christmas gifts, but what the heck it is a good excuse to shop for a stash. now just need time to use it.as for now I have the flu so not much sewing going on, I need a couple of prayers right now.
    Prayers your way..Hope you feel better soon....Be careful~ the flu this year is supposed to be a strong strain..be sure to see a doctor

I wish I was that organized lynnie. I have to finish up quite a few charity silent auction things before june and then it will be time to start the gifts I have planned for 2013 christmas. That will be some children's clothing and a quilt for my youngest brother. And more than likely some charity items to donate.

Oh and like someone else said, finish up some ufo's.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Oh my goodness, you are all amazing. I can't even think about Christmas 2013 because I'm still trying to finish up 2012. I fell way behind and still have some shirts to make for my son and a kitchen set of appliance covers, pot holders, etc. for DIL. In all fairness though, they didn't ask for them until they arrived for their annual visit right before Christmas. Things have been hectic all week with grandkids visiting, and other things going on, so I'll start sewing again after things slow down later in the week.

DIL has also asked for a red and black quilt for their bed. Maybe that will be their 2013 Christmas gift.

I'll figure out the rest at the end of January after son and DIL go home, and my house is my own again.

I didn't get to make all the gifts I wanted to this year because of a death in the family. So, I have ideas and will start on them soon!

Just got through Christmas---Not ready to start on next Christmas yet! lol

Some of you sound so organized. Seems like I do things as they fall in my lap. People in town think since I am now retired, I have all kinds of time to do what THEY want done, but am learning to say NO because they want it done for next to nothing. My time is worth more than that. Have so many plans, like making each of our four children a quilt and catch up with getting all eight grandchildren one. I don't even have one of my own yet (except one I made my Mom who has now passed away). Have LOTS of fabric, just need the time........and organization. HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

I have decided not to put away my Christmas fabric until I have made some items for next year. Since they are all out, coordinated, and pressed I think it would be silly not to start some future projects.
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain

Actually my only "goal" for this year is to finish hand quilting a quilt for myself. There are many ideas for more in the making, but I really want to finish that project. It has been in the works for years. Also want to get a set of placemats done.
    Last edited by GailG; 01-02-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    I want to make my fabric pots, as many as 12 or 15. Can do so much with these.
    Kitchen embroidery towels, would like a tall stack of them.
    Ipad envelope sleeves
    Fleece scarves
    pajamas
    Clover pot holders.
    That is just a few of my ideas

Here is the pics of the clover pot holders. And the fabric pot.
    www.justjennifers.com for the fabric pot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by deedum; 01-02-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Have to make some receiving blankets first for my niece. THEN I promise to start the Christmas gifts -- ran out of time this year and hope to get things done early for next year.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Blog Entries
    Im not organized, i wish i was.
    I find it easier to get things done when there's no rush. I have 11 months now to get gifts done and wrapped.

yes I am starting today making place mats using scrapes I had left over from quilts Happy Healthy New Year

I've got two leftover 2102 projects that I want to finish up this month... decided I might as well wrap them up now while they are fresh in my mind. I did make a list of new projects to choose from during the year including quilts I want to give as birthday gifts and some little projects to hopefully avoid another December Mad Rush!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3