Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stash Raid >

Stash Raid

Stash Raid

Old 01-29-2020, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

I am the odd ball with no real stash to speak of. I do have three bins of scraps that I use and some pieces - probably leftovers. And some fat quarters I have won. But if anybody wanted some of it they could have it. If I am not making a scrap quilt I will buy what I need for the project and keep the leftovers. I am also odd in that I finish everything. I know - I need help!!!!
Old 01-29-2020, 06:04 AM

I would love to have someone "raid my stash"! I am working diligently to use it up so it is not left for my children to disperse when my time comes. Goal for the year is to reduce The stash by one big bin. I have sorted and donated what I know I won't use including books. Now, I just continue on to quilt, share, and do my best to graciously turn away fabric that I don't really want to use.

I encourage all who are feeling emotionally overwhelmed with fabric to reduce their stash in whatever amount and manner that fits. It is refreshing and a freeing process.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:19 PM

I donate a fair amount of new yardage to our guild's veteran quilt program. Nothing over $5/yd - a lot of it was less than that.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:16 PM

I think it's good to let your friends/relatives "Shop Your Stash". In my case I have been given some large quantities of brand new fabric, One was 8 Home Depot packing boxes of fabric. Had a friend help me sort into colors, we each took some we liked and STILL had 7.5 boxes. I'm down to four. yes, Shop Jackie.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-29-2020 at 06:46 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 01-31-2020, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
I am the odd ball with no real stash to speak of. I do have three bins of scraps that I use and some pieces - probably leftovers. And some fat quarters I have won. But if anybody wanted some of it they could have it. If I am not making a scrap quilt I will buy what I need for the project and keep the leftovers. I am also odd in that I finish everything. I know - I need help!!!!
At this point in my life I am doing my best to downsize. I only buy what I absolutely need (except the penny fabrics from last fall). I am doing my best to finish each project I am starting. I only have 2 UFO's left and they are on the must finish list for this year. I would much rather be your kind of odd ball.
Old 02-01-2020, 06:49 AM

I will allow one particular friend to raid my stash if there is a particular fabric she needs/wants and I might have it, she reciprocates.... other than that I haven't had anyone want or ask to raid my stash so I guess time will tell!
Old 02-03-2020, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
I will allow one particular friend to raid my stash if there is a particular fabric she needs/wants and I might have it, she reciprocates.... other than that I haven't had anyone want or ask to raid my stash so I guess time will tell!
There was a time when I would cringe at the idea of anyone thinking about raiding my fabric stash. I was very possessive. It was only after I realized I had a stash that could outlive me 3x over did I start letting some of it go. There are some however that are considered untouchable. My reproduction fabrics fall into that category. Since I am doing my best to quilt from my stash I no longer have to watch that a newer piece that was for something specific is close to going out with a raid.