Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Still searching for this fabric

Still searching for this fabric

It is a Windham fabric from the Colonies collection...chocolate and salmon # 24311-2 I need the chocolate background with the salmon design. Several of you found the opposite colorway, but I already have that. If I had read the instructions all the way thru before cutting, I would not be in this pickle. Called several fabric companies, no one seems to have it or is willing to search for it. Hope someone can help. I can get by with the equiv. of 6 1"x8" pieces, but would certainly like extra!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you tried the two fabric search engines? http://www.fabshophop.com/fabsearch.asp http://www.quiltshops.com/

Plus a better picture might help. I can't really tell what the fabric looks like in that picture.

I have tried both sites. The fabric doesn't photograph well, have tried everything...the above picture is really pretty close, colors are not that true!

According to their website, this is an "archived" fabric. Maybe you can contact the company to get help in locating it somehow? Click on thier "contact" link and see if they can help, assuming you haven't already done so. http://www.windhamfabrics.net/cgi-bin/fabricshop/gallery.cgi?Category=194

This picture from the link above gives a totally different look of the fabric, maybe someone might recognize it in their stash from it. http://www.windhamfabrics.net/cgi-bi...194&Page=1&v=1

Did you do the google search that I suggested in your original thread?

I used Windham Colonies Salmon & Chocolate and several came up with your # you gave us.
    And that are selling it and others in the line.
    Including, I recall an Amazon listing where you could buy it there, or could link thru to the store that was selling it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    sorry I don't have it........calla

I have done all that you guys have suggested and placed several phone calls, this group is my last hope!!

Blog Entries
    It will take time but you can probably find it by going to every online quilt shop that sells Windham fabrics. Google Windham Colonies fabric for sale.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    It will take time but you can probably find it by going to every online quilt shop that sells Windham fabrics. Google Windham Colonies fabric for sale.
    Guess not!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Power Poster
    You could also try two more places:

The "in Search Of/Wanted" section on the quilting board -

and/or

www.missingfabrics.com

not sure how much you need, but they sell the pattern in a group of Fat 1/4's at: http://www.quiltknit.com/FP238-Colon...cs_p_2878.html

Have you tried checking on E-Bay? There are 30 pages of Windham fabrics listed and some of them offer 100 yards of assorted fabrics. Might work if you could send them a picture.

Wow, quilting board ladies are wonderful! What a great group of women!
    Bernina 640, Singer 201-3, Singer Centennial 15-91, Tin Lizzie 26" long arm

When I was looking for a certain fabric, I kept looking at all the online fabric stores I could come up with and finally just Googled the name of the fabric company, the fabric designers, and the name of the fabric, in that order, and I actually got linked to a store that sold it. I was just stunned after all that searching to finally find it. It was fabric someone had given me and I was fortunate to have enough selvage on it to find all those names. At the Moda website it said it was a discontinued line, so I almost gave up. Hope you can find it.
    Thimble and Thread

try missingfabrics.com
    quilting in beautiful Ohio

for future reference, when taking pictures inside, if your camera has the capacity to do so, change the source of the lighting from natural light or flash to fluorescent for those energy saving bulbs, or incandescent or tungsten for the others depending. makes the color more true and decreases the orange tinge

Go to Gingers Needleworks & Quilting. They have some in stock. Also listed on Amazon site that Nanascottie listed.

This is a reply to Diannek ( Still serching for fabric) If you still can't find your fabric I suggest that you scan a piece of your fabric and print it to the printable fabric sheets. I did this for my Mother many times. Glaiklam

Thanks for all your suggestions. I need a piece 6x8, so paying $40 plus shipping is a little expensive. I like the idea of scanning, but this quilt will be well used and l am afraid the scanned fabric will fad. I am going to a few quilt shops today to try to match the chocolate background to a mottled. I will post the finished quilt and see if you people can spot the substituted fabric!!!

Blog Entries
    you could give "Thousands of Bolts and Only One Nut " a try, I find unusual fabrics there a lot. Good people to deal with also. www.thousandsofbolts.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DianneK View Post
    Thanks for all your suggestions. I need a piece 6x8, so paying $40 plus shipping is a little expensive. I like the idea of scanning, but this quilt will be well used and l am afraid the scanned fabric will fad. I am going to a few quilt shops today to try to match the chocolate background to a mottled. I will post the finished quilt and see if you people can spot the substituted fabric!!!
    Why don't you just call this shop and ask if they will sell you a single fat quarter? The ad does say the prints may not be exact to the picture as they make up new bundles so they obviously have yardage. Chances are good that they have what you need.
    Janome D1822/Janome 4618LE/1946 Singer 15-91 in original cabinet
    Bailey 17 Pro/Grace Original GMQ Frame with No-Flex carriage upgrade

Here you go
    http://www.quiltknit.com/WIN24311-1-...cs_p_9639.html
    it's $8.50 yard and she still has 5 yards. I also posted this on your other post.
    Good Luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WTxRed View Post
    Here you go
    http://www.quiltknit.com/WIN24311-1-...cs_p_9639.html
    it's $8.50 yard and she still has 5 yards. I also posted this on your other post.
    Good Luck!!!
    This is the Salmon line, not the chocolate that she is looking for.... I have some of this, but it is the wrong color....