Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stitch In The Ditch >

Stitch In The Ditch

Stitch In The Ditch

Old 03-21-2010, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by weezie
From what I've read, using a SID foot with the metal guide running precisely along the stitching line puts the stitching just to the right of the seamline, which is correct. According to SID info., if you stitch exactly on your stitches, it weakens the seamline stitching; therefore the stitches SHOULD be just to the right of the seam. My SID foot works that way. (IMO, without a SID foot/metal guide, it would be virtually impossible to stitch a straight line next to the seamline.) If you have the SID foot and still sew crookedly, one thing you need to be careful about is sewing over "lumps" where two seams meet. Those lumps can cause your guide and stitching to go wonky. Also, when using the SID foot, the narrowest zigzag stitch works well.
Thanks for the info, Weezie. I have the SID foot, and will be using it when I finish up the T-shirt quilt I'm working on. No one ever mentioned using the narrowest zigzag stitch before.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:44 AM

Since the SID is not like a walking foot it did not work for quilting but it works very well on the binding.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by sbanks156
What machines do you guys do all this SID on?

I have a HuskyStar and since I am selling my longarm I will be using it when I am not hand quilting.

Thinking about getting a Grace frame later on.
I have done SID with my New Home (Janome) Memory Craft 6000 (yeah, it's 20+ years old, but still works darned good), and I also have a Pfaff with the dual feed foot (works like a walking foot) and I have the SID foot for the Pfaff...works great!
Old 03-21-2010, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel
My method for not making it look like I fell asleep and ran off the road... Meander... tee hee I don't SID anymore. It just frustrates me.

LOLO too funny.

I find that a glass or 2 or 3 of wine helps calms my nerves too. Ok, so the 3rd one is just for me, but the first 2 help with the nerves!
:D
Old 03-21-2010, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by bodie358
You are too funny! I always look forward to seeing your avatar in a thread. I need to come hang out with you!
Yeah, that's me - comic relief. As long as I remember that this is a family show, I guess I get to stay. My humor has a natural tendency to go straight to the gutter (which might be OK in a thread about ditches).
I for sure have to hang with you now - we may be long lost sisters!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:55 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by McQuilter
My theory is if it can't be seen on a galloping horse from forty feet it is ok. That goes for SID, getting corners to always match and perfect points. Just enjoy the process and the fabrics. Don't get upset if all is not perfect. You will enjoy it all the more. Strive for your best but don't sweat the small stuff.
I love this outlook McQuilter!!! :lol: :lol: I will take this to heart as I am now trying to finish a quilt that have points that don't match.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:14 PM

Works EVERY time!!
Old 03-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by knlsmith
Originally Posted by Rachel
My method for not making it look like I fell asleep and ran off the road... Meander... tee hee I don't SID anymore. It just frustrates me.

LOLO too funny.

I find that a glass or 2 or 3 of wine helps calms my nerves too. Ok, so the 3rd one is just for me, but the first 2 help with the nerves!
:D
lol you are to funny :lol: Penny