Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stitch and Flip Corner Methods >

Stitch and Flip Corner Methods

Stitch and Flip Corner Methods

Old 08-01-2022, 06:39 AM

I much prefer not using the folded corner method, however I'm currently doing a pattern that uses it extensively, Dinosaurs by Elizabeth Hartman, and it would be a lot of work to figure out another method. I find that I have to sew just to the side of the middle line, or my corners end up too small. I don't mark, just use the stitching lines on my sewing table (it's a decal that goes over the machine bed). I line up the target corner just over the stitching guideline. I use my regulars ruler to trim off the corners, to leave a 1/4" allowance. So far everything is coming out fine.
Old 08-01-2022, 11:46 AM

I get good results with the Simple Folded Corners mini; you have to sew scant, aiming for just outside the point. I got pretty wonky results with the square and drawn line method.
Old 08-01-2022, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Irishrose2 View Post
I prefer the square sewn to the corner and the excess cut off. I know it wastes fabric, but it comes out so exact that way. I fold and press my diagonal rather than draw a line. I sew two threads off the fold toward the corner. That allows the fold to use up a little space.
This is how I do it as well. That way I'm not sewing directly on a line but just shy of the fold line. It works well.