Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Stitching issue...help! >
  • Stitching issue...help!

• Stitching issue...help!

Old 04-27-2021, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by carol45
    I keep my bobbin pretty clean. Even now, it wasn't very linty, but I guess something must have been stuck in a critical place to have caused this problem.
    I had just cleaned the bobbin area and I got the "gears of death" icon and nothing works. Panicked....remember I had seen some videos on this. Seems the machine "knows" when something isn't right and will not go until I find it and fix it. Well, I just took everything out of the bobbin area again and reinserted. Still didn't work....well, I guess I have to "tell" the machine I "found" the problem and fixed it. So, I just had to close the "gears of death" icon....OK, now it will let me sew. I don't like it when my machine is that smart. Yikes. Learning curve. folks are right, the high end Bernina's are not "sew right out the box" You have to learn how to "communicate" with them. But I am loving how she is stitching.
    Old 04-27-2021, 06:08 AM

Speaking of needles, I was FMQ a T-shirt quilt with a plush fleece on the back last week and it would break thread after a few scrolls. I changed my needle from a 80-12 to 90-14 and everything was just fine. Many times we can fix those kind of things ourselves without taking it to a repair shop. Glad your problem was solved.
    Old 04-27-2021, 09:24 AM

Make sure when you clean out the bobbin area, you swipe a pin underneath this part of the bobbin holder. My tension was off, the bobbin holder *looked* clean, but when I swiped, look what came out from underneath. After I did this, tension was perfect.
    Attached Thumbnails bobbin-case.jpg   lint.jpg