Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stop the world and let me quilt! >

Stop the world and let me quilt!

Stop the world and let me quilt!

Old 08-25-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by sailsablazin
Sounds like you are living at my house (except visiting the mom thing). Kids need to be transported 4--6 times/day to swim team, TaeKwonDo, etc.. There is no time for any quilting and the kids are sneezing since I have ignored the dust pretty much (although I have managed to buy more fabric this week, so that is something).
Maybe when school starts again. However, I have learned not to long for or wait for tomorrow. Today is the only day that you can count on and I have to make the brownies for 2 swim teams--(70 girls) and cut up watermelon. The word was to buy ROUND nacho chips, only serve Chocolate Milk and Water (I have a child allergic to milk), and cut the watermelon in WEDGES---someone has too much time on her hands....so I am cutting the watermelon in chunks just to spite the "control freak."
I do love it all, but I am tired.
Chunks instead of wedges!!??? You rebel you!!!

My youngest (of 3) is going into 2nd year University. Last year, while I was sewing peacefully with no interruptions (kids to taxi, brownies to make, Parent Advisory meetings, etc. etc. etc.) I was thinking that this was my reward for doing all those "kid" things for so many years! I love them, but am enjoying my "empty nest".
Old 08-25-2011, 07:46 AM

Me too!!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:49 AM

That is exactly how I am feeling, I cannot finish a project and I have 3 going at one time. Hubby is home this week and I can't get into my sewing room. So many other things going on. I think I'm ready for Autumn, just so I can start quilting again.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:05 AM

I feel the same
Old 08-25-2011, 09:44 AM

I set the alarm a half hour to an hour earlier than I have to get ready for work. I get up, put the dogs out, start coffee then sew until my time is up and I have to face the real world! LOL This morning I made a pillowcase. Sometimes I work on a quilt block or just leaf thru a new quilt magazine... Its my quiet time; my ME time!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:12 AM

I still need to pressure wash our house and paint it, finish putting my flower beds to bed for the winter, prune a tree, have rock delivered and put in around the pond I put in, clean house, cook, and now last night I found out we are going out of town tomorrow to pick up our granddaughters and bring them home for a week? In my spare time I'd like to ride my horse or quilt.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:01 PM

I have always said that GOD only made one mistake when he created the world. (everyone's due one mistake) He should have made 48 hour days. 24 for the work and sleep stuff and 24 for all the fun stuff.

Always thot the firemen had a great working schedule. On 48 hours, off 36 or something like that.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Carol J.
I had this problem years ago and decided Wednesday is MY day, I did only what was necessary for the good of the family and the rest could wait for another day.
Set a day for yourself, do what you want to do, and you will find you can handle the rest of your life
At that time, I too was visiting my mother 50 miles away once or twice a week, had to shorten that to once a week.
Others were caring for her when I wasn't there.
Take time for yourself and don't feel guilty, you owe it to yourself.

Carol J.

this is an excellent idea, carol. most jobs have days off at least one per week, why not mom? One day off wouldn't be disasterous. :)
Old 08-25-2011, 02:19 PM

It does seem life can get really hectic at times but having "me time" is really important. It helps us to better handle everything else. I hope your Mom is feeling better and you find a way to have time for yourself. :-)
Old 08-25-2011, 04:47 PM

I hope you find your me time......