Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stop the world and let me quilt! >

Stop the world and let me quilt!

Stop the world and let me quilt!

Old 08-25-2011, 04:59 PM

I so agree , with sick grandies and work calling every other day the sewing machine wont even get a look at this week . Cathy
Old 08-25-2011, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
Me too...
Ditto!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:22 PM

I had someone tell me once, she marks off 3 days on the calendar a month,she doesn't answer the ph on those days, nor cook, let the dog out, no laundry, no paying bills, no errands, no visiting neighbors or friends, no doctor visits, no babysitting gchildren,no nothing but quilting!
A person can dream can't they?
Old 08-25-2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by michelehuston
I think we all wish that at some time or other!! Lately, more than usual, but this too will pass...:?
When? LOL
Old 08-26-2011, 02:56 AM

[quote=mar32428]I have always said that GOD only made one mistake when He created the world. (everyone's due one mistake) He should have made 48 hour days. 24 for the work and sleep stuff and 24 for all the fun stuff.]

The bible says God created the earth in 6 days and on the 7th day He rested! Even God had a 'Me' day.
As far back as the settlers and even before, people followed that schedule, and they had it a lot harder than we do! I think the difference is they were raised to take a day of rest and didn't question it. We just gotta get past the self-imposed guilt trip and do it!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:44 PM

I guess I'm not getting it. My Mom had Alzheimers and became very violent. I had 24 hour care of her, alongside my Dad, until she passed. Right after that, Dad had a stroke and required full time care and rehab. He was in a rehab unit, but hated it and asked me to please, let him be with me. So....I did. Lots of therapy and Dad is well now, and living back in his own house. I'm trying to get some "me" time, but somehow, with all the catching up, I can't find a spare moment. I hope to...in the near future. Thanks to all for the reinforcement. I don't feel so guilty about letting things go.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:55 PM

I tried the Wed but it seemed that something would always come up an I just got frustrated but I need to set some time aside. We do owe ourselves time to quilt. Sue
Old 09-02-2011, 04:03 PM

This is a quote from my LQS weekly letter and I think it captures well why sewing is so important in most of our lives. Somehow we've found something better than shopping to connect with ourselves and the beauty that God put there.

Nathaniel Hawthorne, the American author who wrote The Scarlet Letter and many other stories of note in the mid 1800′s once said, “…it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied.” He’s right. I am never more “at home with my own heart” as when I’m working on a project. Doesn’t it feel good to be able to be creative, to think quiet thoughts, and to be producing a thing of beauty when you’re sewing?
Old 09-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Power Poster

When I have a horrible week or two I go check in a nice downtown hotel and stay a couple of days. DH thinks I'm nuts but it sure relieves my stress. He hates hotels but knows I'll be a much happier person when I'm unstressed. When he has a horrible week he wants to camping and hiking at his favorite camp ground.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:23 PM

HI I WAS THAT WAY WHEN I WAS YOUNGER NOW I AM RETIRED SOME WHAT AND DOESN'T MATTER IF THE HOUSE IS SPARLES OR NOT JUST TAKE TIME TO SEW AND MEITATE IF YOU WILL THE HOUSE IS GOING NOWHERE SEWING IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL SO GO FOR IT AND GOD BLESS
MAGGIED