Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!" >

Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!"

Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!"

Old 12-19-2009, 10:51 AM

Still sewing but taking a break to eat dinner. I am half way done with piecing my daughter's blocks.

I guess I sould have titled it extremely busy Christmas Quilters, because I made a vow today not to get stresed. That isn't what the season is about.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:00 AM

Ok...most of the presents are done... need to finish the trimming on DH's vest...tie a lap quilt....and finish cleaning up the fraying on a rag quilt for my FIL. Four quicke stockings to make and that will complete the list. Seems like alot left but compared to the list when it started I am doing great. Now I just need to clean the mess of my house that happens when I spend more time sewing and less cleaning!!
Old 12-19-2009, 11:06 AM

I'm done with all my sewing projects, but still have to shop for my family, and I must say they're not being very cooperative with giving me ideas or hints! I may just get them all Amazon cards and be done with it!
Old 12-19-2009, 11:07 AM

Well... let's see...right now (I am just taking a short break), I am tackling our dining room (where our tree sits in front of the huge window) 'cause one couldn't see the tree for the stuff I have piled upon the dining room table. Am trying to dismantle our old PC and take out the hutch it sits in since we have laptops and do not use anymore. (Had it in there when our children were younger so we could supervise.) That will allow more space for us to sit at the table.

Before Xmas Eve I need to make a stocking for our son's girlfriend who will be with us on Xmas Eve and Xmas morning. She and sonny boy will go to her family out-of-state then for the weekend.

After Xmas I must make 4 aprons and a raggy quilt for my side of the family...we do not get together till Jan. 2, thank goodness.

Hopefully, tonight I will get the binding on the Xmas quilt that I finally had long-armed back in Sept (yes, I procrastinate). Would like to get it on my bed before Xmas.

Looking at this list, I guess my little rest break is over now. Better get busy again.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:09 AM

I am sure that I will be finished in time. We are having a meager Christmas this year and I'm making most of my gifts. I have made 4 casserole carriers and have one to go (and then one for me, but that can wait til after Christmas. I also need to finish crocheting a doily. I would like to make a few coasters, but I doubt if that will get done. But I have plans for next year, so I hope to get an early start for next Christmas.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Power Poster

Deadlines on myself are too stressful. If I'm making handmade items for Christmas I start in January and if the items aren't finished by Sept. then I plan on something else as backup gifts. I do not open my mouth at any time to anyone to say I'm making you a _____________.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:51 PM

I am madly hand tying a gecko quilt for my grandson....hope I can get it done as I have to finish my baking before Wednesday. That is when my daughter is having her Christmas Dinner as her hubby will be leaving for Afganistan right after Christmas for a year.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

I'll keep your SIL and your daughter in my prayers. God Bless our servicemen!
Old 12-19-2009, 02:52 PM

I have finished several table toppers, napkin holders, pot holder sets plus table runners. I still want to make "silly" aprons for all the female members of the family---one with dog bones for my DIL who loves her Pugs more than most people, one with Barbie type material (and lots of ruffles) for my stylish DD and one with lots of flowers for my other DD (who feels overwhelmed ALL the time, maybe the flowers will help)

Plus just finished assembling a Gingerbread House to be decorated at my Dad's house. (no I didn't bake it, it was a kit!--you silly billiys, I'm not that crazy.......)
Old 12-19-2009, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Joan
I have finished several table toppers, napkin holders, pot holder sets plus table runners. I still want to make "silly" aprons for all the female members of the family---one with dog bones for my DIL who loves her Pugs more than most people, one with Barbie type material (and lots of ruffles) for my stylish DD and one with lots of flowers for my other DD (who feels overwhelmed ALL the time, maybe the flowers will help)

Plus just finished assembling a Gingerbread House to be decorated at my Dad's house. (no I didn't bake it, it was a kit!--you silly billiys, I'm not that crazy.......)
What pattern do you like for your aprons?