Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Such a frusterating day!!! >

Such a frusterating day!!!

Such a frusterating day!!!

Old 07-06-2014, 04:55 AM

I better check my long dies...they are on a rack setting on their edges as recommended.......if they warp I will be very unhappy......
Old 07-07-2014, 03:47 AM

How frustrating, hope you had a better evening. Terriamn
Old 07-07-2014, 03:58 AM
Power Poster

Oh gosh, that does sound frustrating! Good call with the scotch and soda. Sometimes I have a cosmo for the same reason. I hope you get your situation solved soon.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

Wow..What a disappointment....I will have to check my dies...
Old 07-07-2014, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

so frustrating we all have those days it will get better!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:42 AM

Oh Marcia, I hate to hear how your fabric has messed with you! Not fair! I don't know anything about an Accuquilt Go, so I can only offer sympathy there. I cut my strips for my Bargellos with my June Taylor Shape Cut. Not sure that helps any, but that is how I do it. I can't cut a straight line without my Shape Cut!

I know you were looking forward to this Bargello, and you have such great fabric selected. I am just going to assume that today will go better for you.

Dina
Old 07-07-2014, 09:22 AM

Well, I decided it was time for me to learn about this Accuquilt Go cutter. I found a You Tube video on it, and WOW, that looks wonderful! Wonder why I have not heard of this? I have been quilting four years, so I am not an advanced quilter yet. Guess my quilting friends were saving information about this for later, or maybe they aren't familiar with it?

Dina
Old 07-07-2014, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
Did you wash & dry/ damp dry the material before you starched? I have noticed that some fabrics shrink when starched. I think it is more a liquid thing than starch. I have made it a practice to wash all my fabric before I use it. The wrinkled or wavy edges don't happen to washed fabric, in my experience.

I starch on the back of the fabric, let it soak in for a minute or two, then press, not iron the strip. If the fabric still feels limp. I will do a second starching.

One of the biggest issues using starch is not waiting long enough for the starch to soak into the fibers of the cloth before pressing.

hope all works out okay for you.
peace
I agree that washing first and pressing not ironing will be a big help with your problem. I feel your pain it really hurts to mess up beautiful fabric.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:50 AM

Thank you all for your comments and advice.
Dina - the AccuQuilt is wonderful. I spoke with them this morning, and they are replacing my strip die- so I feel much better. My hubby is picking up new fabric for me in Phoenix and he will bring it up Wed. afternoon. So, I'll rotary cut a few pieces a day so as not to hurt my right wrist and left thumb too much. That is why I have the AccuQuilt.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:12 AM

I am pleased to hear they are replacing your strip die. That is just pretty good of them. And your husband will get new fabric, so you will be A-okay...other than a bit of delay, frustration, and replacing of fabric. It just wasn't the start you had hoped for, for your Bargello, I know. It will just make your son's quilt all the more special?

Dina