Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Such a frusterating day!!! >

Such a frusterating day!!!

Such a frusterating day!!!

Old 07-07-2014, 02:03 PM

I'm interested in this answer too so I don't do what ever it was that caused the warp. I keep mine in one of their storage racks but I need another one soon, did see a post somewhere about using a dish drying rack as a Accuquilt die storage.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
Thank you all for your comments and advice.
Dina - the AccuQuilt is wonderful. I spoke with them this morning, and they are replacing my strip die- so I feel much better. My hubby is picking up new fabric for me in Phoenix and he will bring it up Wed. afternoon. So, I'll rotary cut a few pieces a day so as not to hurt my right wrist and left thumb too much. That is why I have the AccuQuilt.
I am really impressed that they are replacing your die and very happy for you! What a great Hubby for picking up your fabric, mine will go with me to fabric store but wouldn't even begin to know what or where to look. Take it easy on yourself cutting while waiting for your new die.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:19 PM

After all you've gone through to get this quilt going, it should be one special piece with an amazing story!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:24 PM

So, last update. None of the fabrics were to be found at the store, and I've only found one of them on line. Pulled out the strips I had discarded and will just have to make do. I measured them all carefully and marked bowed areas and that is that. It just might be a wonky Bargello- but my son won't care. I'll just square up strips as I go.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:33 PM

How frustrating. I can't say I let the starch sit. I spray, then iron. I had no idea I was supposed to let it marinate a bit!

I was just at 35th Ave Sew & Vac today. What's the fabric you were looking for?
Old 07-08-2014, 06:32 AM

Hi Sandra- did you see a nice looking, tall, gray haired man standing around the cutting table looking totally lost?
I needed a Moda Marble, TimelessTreasure Burlap and a geometric design. They weren't on their website either. Must have been popular fabrics. I did find the Burlap on fabric. com but all I need is 1/3 of a yd and there I have to buy 1 yd. So I will just be very careful when I sew those strips by measuring as I sew.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Power Poster

Hi Marsh Here are the photos I told you I would post. This is only a fix if you are no more than 1/8"off either 1 side or both sides. Purest will shake there heads but I have salvaged many a block that is slight off or fabric that has not been cut correctly. Hope this helps.

The first photo is the back displaying the fusible interfacing.
The second photo is the front where you can barely see the fusible.
Attached Thumbnails fix-strip-front.jpg   fix-strip-back.jpg