Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Suddenly, I'm actually sewing again....   I'm over the mental block! >

Suddenly, I'm actually sewing again.... I'm over the mental block!

Suddenly, I'm actually sewing again.... I'm over the mental block!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:07 PM

Default Suddenly, I'm actually sewing again.... I'm over the mental block!

Oh my goodness! For too many weeks I've read quilt books, watched baseball games with DH or simply researched some items on the web.

This weekend, I actually puttered around in the sewing area. The neat stacks of plastic boxes with scraps, great height of my cutting table, availability of books, etc. inspired me to review a few WIPs.

First I made covers for the dog bed inserts so the polyester bedding could be laundered. No quilting there, but did gain a sense of accomplishment. Next, I made some hot pads with the colorful Farmer's Market fabric. The fabric choices were tomatoes (almost look 3-D) and string beans. My choice of batting was 1 layer each of Insul-brite and cotton Warm and Natural. They should be nice gift sets. Now, if I can unearth the hot pepper fabric......

Hopefully, this is a start of a roll of hours spent quilting. I have a colorful nine-patch with alternating print block table cover partially completed. I hear it calling me back to the "construction zone" tomorrow morning. My break from sewing has left me refreshed and ready to have fun.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:59 PM

A break is exactly what you needed! Now your creative juices will be flowing and you will have the gumption to do something!
Old 08-06-2012, 04:05 AM

Maybe there's hope for me too. Glad you found your motivation. If you see mine tell it go get home now!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Power Poster

I have continuously made quilt for the last 10 years or so and have not lost my inspiration. I have tons of fabrics and can't wait to start another. I'm working on #11 for this year. I have made over 100 quilt, 8 or 10 biscuit quilts, and 15 or more tied comforters. I have been quilting for about 45 -46 years. It was slow going with three kids and hand sewing. Since machine quilting I really took off.