Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Suggestion for a quilt around a French Linen cloth ???

Suggestion for a quilt around a French Linen cloth ???

HELP !! I don't know the history of this linen cloth but my father must have purchased it during one of his many trips abroad that Hewlett-Packard sent him on when I was a child. My best friend Carl, who is helping me move, is my biggest fan and adores everything I make so I have been trying to think of something that will add a little quilting to the edges. It measures 20.25" x 31.25". Sides are rolled hems. Any suggestions??? I could only come up with making some flying geese.... THANKS
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

How about a french braid border. In blues, reds and golden yellows. Then do the French flag as cornerstones for the borders. If you could find some French country style fabrics they would be pretty.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tesspug View Post
    How about a french braid border. In blues, reds and golden yellows. Then do the French flag as cornerstones for the borders. If you could find some French country style fabrics they would be pretty.
    i love this suggestion
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    I would also put some fusible light weight interfacing behind it. it you can't iron it, perhaps spray baste some fabric to the back that will help stabilize it for quilting.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

There is some luscious fabrics out with Paris themes some at timeless treasures and also some can can girl designs....I'd try & get some of those to continue the fun theme rather than a pieced border which might make it look more "orderly". JMHO