Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Suggestions for these corners? >

Suggestions for these corners?

Suggestions for these corners?

Old 01-25-2018, 05:06 AM

Thanks, all. I will think on this a bit. I only have a small amount left of the white I print used on that border...the quilt at this point is 45”x45”, so those corners may just blend in when I have added a few more borders. I am going to play with making some arc’d flying geese for the next border-saw them in a Halo quilt someone posted here and I love them!
Old 01-25-2018, 05:21 AM
Power Poster

Another option is to put one large square on point in each corner. The points of the square both vertically and horizontally will line up with your smaller on point squares because of the way you centered them in the round. Hope this makes sense.

Edited to add, this is really lovely. I adore feathered stars and you are doing a great job to show it off.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:56 AM

nix the bandaid (sorry), but any of the other options are fine.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Another option is to put one large square on point in each corner. The points of the square both vertically and horizontally will line up with your smaller on point squares because of the way you centered them in the round. Hope this makes sense.

Edited to add, this is really lovely. I adore feathered stars and you are doing a great job to show it off.
I think we have a winner!
You always come to my rescue....thank you!!!
Attached Thumbnails 41506943-28df-4cb0-8694-5f87ebfcfbc7.jpeg  
Old 01-25-2018, 07:44 AM

I love your quilt so far and like the idea of adding another square or using the white instead of the "bandaids"
Old 01-25-2018, 07:47 AM

I like it, but if it is bothering you, then you could possibly change the corners to half square triangles, pointing towards the outside. Then either leave it as is and perhaps do some quilting in a dark color in the open space or use another square on point. Have the point of the square touching the point of the triangle. This would fill up the white space but keep all the diagonals.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by klswift View Post
I like it, but if it is bothering you, then you could possibly change the corners to half square triangles, pointing towards the outside. Then either leave it as is and perhaps do some quilting in a dark color in the open space or use another square on point. Have the point of the square touching the point of the triangle. This would fill up the white space but keep all the diagonals.
I'm sure you have fixed it and moved on. In case you haven't, consider klswift's idea. I don't have a great program for this (nor do I have the best skills), but it gives you an idea of what it would look like. I would split the triangle and match it to the corner squares if I had the fabric. If not, I would choose the background color for the star or the grayish border.

bkay
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587675[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails project1.jpg  
Old 01-25-2018, 10:39 AM

Thank you Feline Fanatic....I am movin’ On! . That bottom left corner is not really puckered....
And thank you to all for your suggestions...takes a village for me to create sometimes and I am thankful that you are all so willing to help.
Attached Thumbnails 0b1a2fb0-e914-4234-9055-19aa0ef7fc37.jpeg  
Old 01-25-2018, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

I agree that the "quilting" is going to make a big difference in how you see it. Your focusing
in on them too much. They fit this whole design layout. I would do a quilting design that started
at one corner and scalloped out (convex style from corner), to next corner, and then another and
another until you've done the concave stitching all the way around each half of the block. It surely
won't look like a bandaid then. It's lovely
Old 01-25-2018, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

oh, I see you have some other suggestions. Well, lol, I gave you 'my' best shot.