Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Suggestions for young teen boy quilt?

teenage boy quilt

Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    All of you have such a great wealth of info when it comes to suggestions for quilts. I need to make a couple of lap quilts for 12 yr old and 15 yr old nephews. I don't know them very well as they live quite a distance from me but I'm having difficulty coming up with something 'teen-like'. Do any of you have a website or a picture of a quilt you've made that a teen boy loved?
    I'm having the same problem. A quilt for my 14 year old grandson...I don't see him often...distance problem...any suggestions from anyone out there?
    Hello from Shenandoah Valley, VA. Quilting a few years. Love the process of creating the quilt top, but don't like making the sandwich of top, batting and backing as much. We have two Labrador Retrievers, a yellow and a chocolate. Blessings to all!

Blog Entries
    Black nd bright colours seem to be very much in there realm. I would get a list of interest no matter how small from him or parents. My teenage nephew designed his own quilt and came with me to buy fabric and selected his own. All I had to do was follow his instructions. These children are encouraged at school to make their own designs etc so he should be very old. His 6 year old brother made his design as well. He wanted squares with dinosaurs in. His drawing was close .
    Finished is better than a UFO

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Find out everything you can about them. How about camo. You could do something in one color camo with the 12 year olds favorite things and then the same in a different color camo with the 15 year olds favorite things. Something that would carry them through their high school and maybe college years.

My grandson (16 yrs) is not much into sports. I made him a Sudoku quilt using rectangles instead of squares. He helped me pick out the colors (and with the arrangement). Most of the fabrics came from my stash. Can't get the picture to load -- sorry, It was in blues (almost navy), yellows, and oranges.

Linda in Missouri

I just did a quilt for my cousin who is 18 in Michigan fabric...I don't have a pic yet b/c it isn't quite done. I will try and get you a shot this afternoon!

When my son was 15 he was a huge baseball fan and played on several leagues. His bedroom was hand striped like a Yankees uniform and I made a quilt of a baseball field. The pictures didn't come out well and the quilt has seen much better days, but he loved it!
    I would also think about doing geometric designs or maybe just a two color quilt. Something to match his favorite outfit or his room. The ideas are endless.
    Good luck. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4