Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Super Bowl Sunday quilt along >

Super Bowl Sunday quilt along

Super Bowl Sunday quilt along

Old 02-11-2024, 11:53 AM

Finally finished the machine appliqué on my Forest Galorest today! It is 65” square, another weird size that won’t fit our beds, or our walls 🤪
Attached Thumbnails img_2317.jpeg  
Old 02-11-2024, 12:18 PM

DJ--welcome to our special VQW. Hope to see you again

happylab--I print out clues to various quilt alongs and mysteries. Sometimes I even actually do them! Which ones are you looking at?

aashley333--you're right in how flat seams are when you use the clapper. Unfortunately I don't always remember to use it but it's a wonderful tool.

Iceblossom--how was bowling?
Old 02-11-2024, 03:26 PM

I have been stitching two quilts for church, both done folded and back in the bags. We are having egg rolls and pot stickers tonight. So there was some prep for the egg rolls. It's amazing how much cabbage reduces after you wilt it. We are watching the game tonight, so I will probably do some hand work on the GFG or work on turninmg the second heal on a pair of socks that I making for myself.
So many wonderful pictures!!! All the quilts are just awesome!
Thank you Heather, it's always fun to sew with the group.
Old 02-11-2024, 03:59 PM

Well I got everything done that I wanted to! Hope to see you all back here next weekend
Old 02-11-2024, 04:27 PM

I worked on sewing up the pillow cases that I kitted up last VQW. I got over a dozen worked on in various stages. I'm not wanting to start on anything to big as I am heading to Quiltcon in 9 days. I will be looking for a few particular items while there, then will have plenty to work on once I get back home....😎 Thimblebug, love your quilt, especially the owl in the corner.
Old 02-11-2024, 08:31 PM
DJ

Heather ~ Thanks for the welcome.

I love seeing what everyone is working on.

I did finish a couple of quilted hearts and did a bit of craftermath control in the studio.
Old 02-11-2024, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
Well, I started another pixel quilt. I'm using batiks, and they have zero ravel! I've completed 4 blocks of 100 squares that end up 3/4". I make rows of 10 squares, then pair them up with matching seams. I plan to pin pairs while watching the game!
I'm nesting the seams, but my new clappers are making the seams lie so flat that I cannot feel the "hump"!!! If you don't have one, I suggest getting one!
When you use the clappers are you pressing with steam first or a dry iron?
Old 02-12-2024, 06:14 AM

I do not use steam. Got tired of burning my fingers. I press, with dry iron, then clapper on top with 2 pound weight.
Yesterday, I did not get much done because of Walgreens. Un-be-lieve-able. 2 trips for meds on the same day. One hour round trip. I even called the second time, before driving into town, and got a recording saying they were ready-Not!
Anyway, we enjoyed all 5 quarters of the game! Wow!
Old 02-12-2024, 05:49 PM

50% done with Festival of Binding ... translation 2 of 4 so making good progress.

And have 2 projects ready for longarm so...yeah I'm ready for this snowstorm in the north East. Stay safe everyone
Old 02-13-2024, 08:38 AM

Thanks for asking, Heather -- bowling was good. Although my first game was nothing to brag about (gutter balls in the first frame) and I was counting 1 pin as a success, I got better pretty quickly. I held up pretty good for 3 games but started wearing out. In the 4th the goal was for me to throw one ball and let the hubby pick up my remaining pins -- but I got two legitimate strikes, and a third one where there was really one pin left but it was out of alignment so when the pin setter came down it pushed the pin down.

The good news is that I am not very stiff afterwards! A little in my left hip and my right arm but I am good enough today to pack my sewing machine and project to go to my sewing group. As I tell my husband, sewing is my hobby and bowling is his hobby, is just something I do with him.