Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Super Bowl Sunday quilt along >

Super Bowl Sunday quilt along

Super Bowl Sunday quilt along

Old 02-10-2024, 03:32 PM

Default Super Bowl Sunday quilt along

I figured I better start this thread tonight as I have to go into church early tomorrow since I’m teaching Sunday school to grades 1-3. Otherwise I would probably forget in the morning.

I have a lot planned for Sunday afternoon and evening. I would like to get our income taxes completed and submitted. Then finish cleaning up the mess in my sewing room so I’m all set to quilt Monday. Then while the game is on, I have handwork projects just thrown willy nilly in the guest room closet and I would like to get them a little better organized. Fortunately I won’t need to cook tomorrow as we have enough leftovers.

our regularly scheduled VQW is next weekend, February 16-19.
Old 02-10-2024, 09:50 PM

Thank you, I will check in during the morning and hoping to finish off the machine appliqué on my project.
Old 02-11-2024, 07:47 AM

Thank-you for hosting this extra VQW. Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone . I hope it’s a great one for everyone. yes my team is playing, yea. So we will definitely be watching the pre show, commercials and game. I need to tire out my puppy before the game starts. It will be a pizza night for us, so no cooking.

My goals today: quilt 1 baby top for a friend. And set up another top for later today or tomorrow to quilt. Cut, sew & iron binding for a king size quilt: Plus #1 goal = monitor and print out 2-3 mysteries for Super Bowl Sunday QAL s. I didn’t have the energy to do the pre steps this year. So I will work on them later in the year and give for charity. I plan to use my stash and scraps for these.

Old 02-11-2024, 08:07 AM
DJ

Greetings!

I haven't participated in the VQWs before, but thought I'd check in here to see how it goes. We are in the Pacific NW, so game starts at 3:30. We like football so will watch it, but don't have a favorite team in this one. I'll be starting a new pork recipe in the slow cooker this morning. During the game, I'll probably be doing some cross stitching. I have a chart that I'm nearing completion on. Don't know if I'll do any actual quilting today. I've been making IFAQH hearts and do have a machine embroidery heart I'd like to try out for that.

If I get enough craftermath control accomplished, I could get back to my UFO lake loft quilts. I need to piece backing and get it sandwiched.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-11-2024, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
Thank-you for hosting this extra VQW. Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone . I hope it’s a great one for everyone. yes my team is playing, yea. So we will definitely be watching the pre show, commercials and game. I need to tire out my puppy before the game starts. It will be a pizza night for us, so no cooking.

My goals today: quilt 1 baby top for a friend. And set up another top for later today or tomorrow to quilt. Cut, sew & iron binding for a king size quilt: Plus #1 goal = monitor and print out 2-3 mysteries for Super Bowl Sunday QAL s. I didn’t have the energy to do the pre steps this year. So I will work on them later in the year and give for charity. I plan to use my stash and scraps for these.
I didn’t search out any mysteries this year for Super bowl, I still have my Merry Mayhem NYD and my Quiltober mysteries to quilt! what sites did you find the mysteries at? 🤪
Old 02-11-2024, 08:15 AM

Well, I started another pixel quilt. I'm using batiks, and they have zero ravel! I've completed 4 blocks of 100 squares that end up 3/4". I make rows of 10 squares, then pair them up with matching seams. I plan to pin pairs while watching the game!
I'm nesting the seams, but my new clappers are making the seams lie so flat that I cannot feel the "hump"!!! If you don't have one, I suggest getting one!
Old 02-11-2024, 08:52 AM

Won't be joining y'all today except in good wishes.

Hubby and I are going to go bowling for the first time in Illinois. It is my first time since Covid too, although he played in leagues the last two years.

Neither of us are very hyped for the game today. We will have it on. He has some betting squares and while I don't care so much any more I do like watching the ads...

So everyone, let's have a good day whatever it is we are doing!
Old 02-11-2024, 09:21 AM

Some morning hand quilting while prepping food.
Attached Thumbnails img_2316.jpeg  
Old 02-11-2024, 09:57 AM

On board! I have a giant pile of teacher stuff - but then The Festival of Binding (3 project including 1 queen!)!

Thanks for the VQW!

(And.if I get the binding done there are 2 for the longarm. Plenty to keep me busy)

Old 02-11-2024, 10:44 AM

I'm working on assembling my "nearly insane" blocks. I'm going with a scrappy red for the corners.

The blocks without sashing are 6", and all of them have more than 24 pieces. The one with the most has 208. I've included a picture of the center of one of the blocks, showing how tiny it is. Easy to see why it's called "nearly insane"! The book comes with scale drawings, and the maker has to figure out cutting and assembly methods.

Attached Thumbnails 20240211_064243.jpg   20240210_122110.jpg