Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
SUPER excited!! Major Fabric Haul!!!! (Picture heavy - sorry! :) ) >

SUPER excited!! Major Fabric Haul!!!! (Picture heavy - sorry! :) )

SUPER excited!! Major Fabric Haul!!!! (Picture heavy - sorry! :) )

Old 01-26-2012, 06:41 AM

That is one major stash! Congrats! That is just amazing.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:46 AM

God is good an truly knows our every need and wants, He will supply them. I am so happy for you!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:46 AM

Wow!!!!!!!!!! What a haul!! Great buy!! We'll just have to come shopping at your house now. LOL
Old 01-26-2012, 06:50 AM

wow...wow.....wow....good job...have fun....
Old 01-26-2012, 06:54 AM

WOW! Consider this a once in a lifetime event. Enjoy your new stash!!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:04 AM

Wowee!! I'm very happy for you and your Mom. You will get lots of posts on this because because you gave us a wonderful peek at your fabric haul and we're all so thrilled for you and your good fortune. Tell us what your husband said.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:06 AM

What a payback for leading the prayer shawl ministry! I have quilts running around in my head just looking at this. Can't imagine how you feel. How fun for you and your mom. Enjoy!!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:18 AM

Wow! What a haul. Good for both you and the seller.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 AM

Red face We're happy Dancing for You!!

Originally Posted by rhapsdy View Post
Ok - so I'm new to this board and to quilting - heck sewing in general! But I am so excited about this story that I have to share (Sorry it's long but I have to explain!).

I've been crafty all of my life and lead a prayer shawl ministry at my church where we mostly knit and crochet. A lady came to my office at work (the church) and asked if we were ever be interested in fabric for quilting or making blankets. I said of COURSE! She said she was moving and selling off all of the fabric and supplies that she used for a custom bag, clothing, etc business. She apparently had a sale this last weekend selling the fabric for $1 a piece, no matter if it was 1 yard or 10 yards!!! She had some left over and wanted to pick out some fabric to give to our group.

Of course, when I heard this I was like wow awesome, but could I maybe come pick out some to BUY from you for my own stash too?! She was happy for me to do that and I said I might bring my mom too, who is a an awesome seamstress, embroider, heck anything to do with fabric.

So after work mom and I went to visit and walked into her driveway where she pulled out 13 large Rubbermaid bins of fabric, notions, and patterns!!!!!! Mom and I started drooling and getting overwhelmed - how do you pick what to take?! Not to mention it was getting dark outside.

Out my mom burst with "How much would you want for it all?" And she's like "Oh I'd take $70! I've GOT to get rid of it!!!"

SOLD!!!!! we packed up my mom's van right then and there and came home with the haul! Below are pictures after spending ALL evening tonight folding fabric onto comic book boards. We weren't even able to fold 1/4 of it! Mom and I will be splitting this up and sharing it all, but OMG to go from wishing I had a fabric stash to having one for $35 is INSANE! I was just sitting there the day before this happened wondering how I could afford to buy fabric for all the quilts I want to try to make! Oh and she told us to take the rubbermaid containers and I was about to go buy a bunch of them to organize things in our home - so double score! Here are pictures from tonight's folding session and then pictures of what is left to fold, the notions, boxes of patterns, ball fringe, ribbon, binding, etc etc etc.!!!!

This is what's left to organize, fold, etc:

Thanks for letting me share and being excited with me.

-K
What an awesome opportunity! Congratulations to you and your mom for the incredible find.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:22 AM

this is awesome!! I was blessed almost the dame way... except ti was the church's quilting group that gave me all of their fabric when they decided to stop meeting.... i go first dibs..then they "sold" what was left for donations only...so you guessed it i took about everything for 50.00!! Then on top of that another dear woman at my church lost her sister who was quite the seamtress/craftor. She heard of my love for sewing and gave me everything!!! Included in that was a stash of beads and pearls that i used to decorate with for my daughter's wedding. I am still using the pearls to make little necklaces and such for the dolls i sell and for the dancers at my daughter's dance studio. So I know exactly how you feel!! ENJOY!