Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ISO Super easy, Super quick freebie Baby quilt patterns..

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I make donated baby quilts and I'm getting tired of doing the same ole square quilts... Anyone know of any baby quilt patterns that I can make in hours instead of days?? I'd prefer ones that are finished in 2-4 hrs, that are Super easy patterns that can use fabric from the stash pile..

Any suggestions (and or links) would be most appreciated...

I will be watching this post. I would like to know also.

Power Poster
    Kaye Wood has the 6 hour quilt. If you look at the picture, you will be able to figure it out the pattern.

http://www.kayewood.com/pop.php?f=/i...es/6hrbig.jpge

Sue - I just looked at that quilt and it would be perfect as a "quilt as you go" quilt!

This one uses charm packs but could just as easily be made with scraps.

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/02/...aby-quilt.html

And if you have large pieces of fabric this one is fast and easy.

http://www.maryquilts.com/quick-strippie/

Thanks! I need a quick gift too!

I have two that I can do in 4 hrs eack from start to finish. One is a 9 patch call "9 Months" and the other is an hour glass type one. I will PM you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loya99
    I have two that I can do in 4 hrs eack from start to finish. One is a 9 patch call "9 Months" and the other is an hour glass type one. I will PM you.
    oooh Id really like these...

I like to make a small Trip Around the World in 5" flannel squares and use fleece for the backing--no batting. Super quick and cuddly!

Another one I like to make is Bille Lauder's, "There's a Dog on my Quilt." There used to be directions on HGTV's web-site. The pattern is also available for purchase from http://www.easymade.com

D9P, 4 into 9 and 4 patch posies are also simple & quick. 4 patch alternated with fussy cut squares and the good old fashioned single Irish Chain are all easily done in a weekend.

Here's a super fast baby quilt pattern. You get three at once and you can make all three tops in just a matter of a couple of hours.

http://www.ashevillequiltguild.org/A...or%20Linus.pdf

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    Here's a super fast baby quilt pattern. You get three at once and you can make all three tops in just a matter of a couple of hours.

Those are cute!

I love the idea of using fleece backing on a baby quilt. (I'm a newbie, BTW). Could you tell us what you do for the binding.....and give any other instructions you might care to share with us. This sounds like such a great idea. I have a great-grandbaby boy due in January and would surely like to try this out.
    Thanks in advance!

I do lots of charity quilts and for kids I like to do the "quick strippie", but I do it as a "stitch and flip" so the quilting is already done for you. Add a machine binding and you are done in no time. For adults I like to do a strip quilt like the one in the pic below. It quilts up quickly with just a SID.

Children's stitch and flip in flannel
    Name:  Attachment-111893.jpe
Views: 1810
Size:  54.2 KB

Adult size simple quilt
    Name:  Attachment-111894.jpe
Views: 1710
Size:  81.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by skeetersmom
    I love the idea of using fleece backing on a baby quilt. (I'm a newbie, BTW). Could you tell us what you do for the binding.....and give any other instructions you might care to share with us. This sounds like such a great idea. I have a great-grandbaby boy due in January and would surely like to try this out.
    Thanks in advance!
    I usually just bring the fleece to the front and topstitch it down but you could do a regular cotton binding or even a fancy satin blanket binding if you wanted. I just bring the fleece to the front because it's quick & easy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barbrdunn
    I do lots of charity quilts and for kids I like to do the "quick strippie", but I do it as a "stitch and flip" so the quilting is already done for you. Add a machine binding and you are done in no time. For adults I like to do a strip quilt like the one in the pic below. It quilts up quickly with just a SID.
    I love this one!!!

Thanks !!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    Quote Originally Posted by barbrdunn
    I love this one!!!

Thanks !!!
    You are welcome, I'm glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BKrenning
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetersmom
    Thanks in advance!
    I usually just bring the fleece to the front and topstitch it down but you could do a regular cotton binding or even a fancy satin blanket binding if you wanted. I just bring the fleece to the front because it's quick & easy.
    Thank you so much! Think I'll just bring the fleece to the front because it sounds so much easier! Thanks for your reply!

Blog Entries

this is the one i was looking for. i have done a few of them..very quick!

Pattern pdf file:

picture tutorial ! :
    http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...qmKYnc?start=0

"I devised a rotary-cut quilt for an appearance on Simply Quilts (episode #1129). Each fabric in Super-Sized Nine Patch is cut with just 2 cuts with a rotary cutter. Using 3 fabrics and swapping the cut pieces yields 3 baby quilts in no time at all.
    I can see these quilts used for charity quilts, last minute baby showers or background for applique." Anita Grossman

i can no longer find the short video Anita made for simply quilts..
    :-(

Blog Entries
    Whoo Hoo..

So far Ive started the rail fence - OMG super easy.. and the supersize 9inch.. Another super easy, super quick one.. And I've cut the the strips for the Strippys...Yay!! I'm hoping to make a baby quilt every other day so keep the ideas coming!! I love them !!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    Whoo Hoo..

So far Ive started the rail fence - OMG super easy.. and the supersize 9inch.. Another super easy, super quick one.. And I've cut the the strips for the Strippys...Yay!! I'm hoping to make a baby quilt every other day so keep the ideas coming!! I love them !!!
    Good for you!

:thumbup:

that super size 9 patch..with 3 fabrics on top of each other, you will be cutting out 3 tops at once!

Blog Entries

here is a short video of the super sized baby 9 patch..

http://www.hgtv.com/video/super-size...deo/index.html

Anita Grossman is my favorite ! i learned so much about rotary cutting quick techniques!

great for a beginner,or for charity baby quilt!

the pdf version is above, but i am a visual person, i learn quicker, watching the lesson!

Blog Entries
    I have used the Downy quilts for kids pattern several times. They look adorable and go together very quickly.

The Warm Wishes one works up fast and is always a hit.