Supporting our LQS >

Supporting our LQS

Supporting our LQS

Old 03-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

We just lost one of our local shops so sad
Old 03-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

Most of the time it's all about the project and price. A person has to do what a person has to do.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:20 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

To most of you, we are an online store... but to our customers nearby (western NY) we are a local shop.

And we receive e-mails and phone calls quite often, asking our advice on what fabrics go well together and whether a design would be suitable for the project the customer has in mind.

We give just as much time and help to the online customers as we do to our walk-in shoppers. More, probably, because it is harder to answer the questions by e-mail than it is to just talk in person.

:-)
Old 03-22-2012, 11:28 AM

There are 3 LQS's I frequent. I drive 45 min to 1 hour and 15 minutes and it is well worth it. I only buy my fabric from LQS's, it may cost a little more than purchasing it online, but the customer service can't be beat. I can pick up the phone and just give them my name, they know me. One of the shops will ship me anything I want if I can't make it to the shop, and just put a bill in the package. I feel like I am at home at these shops and it is a wonderful feeling.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:29 AM

I spend my $$$ where the service is best. My LQS is not service freindly.. .there fore what better way to comunicate than speaking with my $$$.
I have gotten some incredible service from internet shops... that hands down beats my LQS. Many of the internet shops are small businesses that employ a handful of people, who also have families to support.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:39 AM

Our LQS is going out of the fabric business, not out of business. It has LA services and is a machine dealer. That will stay. There are two other LQS in the area that we can buy fabric from. As one respondent says, you got to do what you got to do. Even the shop owners.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:50 PM

Totally agree with you, have gotten fabric online i couldn't use, wasted money wasted shipping charges, could have saved if I had just gone in, plus its more fun to go in the shop and see everyone's creations. I only order fabric online now that I have seen in person at a LQS.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:02 PM

You have a great shop! Keep supporting them
Old 03-22-2012, 06:11 PM

My nearest LQS is 30 miles away. It is a lovely shop but very small. I travelled 50 miles today, to find 1 yard of fabric to co-ordinate with the triple Irish Chain I am making. Thankfully, they had a fabric that (I hope) will work. The price--$15.49 a meter (40 inches)--gulp!! But I was able to take along my other fabrics, lay them out on the cutting table, in the design specifications, and then audition other fabrics. You just cannot do that online.

I would dearly love to support any LQS, if it meant that I did not have to drive an hour to get to them, and if they did not treat me as a pariah for bringing in non LQS fabrics for projects.