Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A surprise came in the mail! >

A surprise came in the mail!

A surprise came in the mail!

Old 06-12-2011, 10:32 AM

That looks interesting - I dont know that I would use it though. I would be trying to smooth out quilt etc if the faric was that textured lol
Old 06-12-2011, 11:36 AM

I have tried some small pieces to see how it would look, on my first piece, I sewed the lines to far apart and it didn't look as nice as the one I sewed 1/2 inch apart and I found you don't have to sew insquares,look at the bag flap
on the brown purse , these patterns are some I have , you might be interested in.
I recently went to a round bobbin expo. and saw a lady with a beautiful jacket on that looked like she had used
"Texture Magic, I'm going to try and see if that will work and not be to stiff.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-210466.jpe   attachment-210467.jpe  
Old 06-12-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Carron
I received a wonderful gift from Betty62 and it is something that I have not seen before.
"Texture Magic"!
Now, for those of you who are not familiar with this (as with me) it is a product that "Magically texturizes your fabric using only your steam iron!" It shirnks the fabric 30% in all directions.
Just apply it to your fabric and the steam does the rest. Not sure if the picture posted below will show the before and after cearly enought, but it sure does look like a kick to use.
If by chance anyone here on the QB has used this would you be so kind as to post a picture of what you have made with Texture Magic.
Betty mentioned that she has not yet used it either and we both sure could use any suggestions as to what to make. Betty did say that the demonstrator had made a design, perhaps a flower, and then applied it to a purse. From what she said it was really cute.
Texture Magic is so much fun to work with. I took a class in making a purse with removable flaps. On one of the flaps I used a floral fabric with texture magic. It came out very cute but I can't get my camera to show the texture. (Or maybe the camera operator doesn't know how...). Before "activating" the texture magic, I free motion quilted around any of the floral fabric that I wanted to puff out, for example each individual flower petal on the big flowers, each leaf, and each tiny flower. Anything surrounded by the free motion quilting "puffed out". Very easy to do. Excuse the pics - the purse is not finished yet, still need to line it, attach handles, and make more flaps!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-210512.jpe   attachment-210513.jpe   attachment-210514.jpe  
Old 06-12-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by sammygirlqt
I also would love to see projects where the texture magic was used. I was thinking of a flap on a purse? I haven't tried mine yet either.
I saw this at a class (Bernina sponsered) and saved it on eBay to look for a better price. It is approx. $13. Anyhow--- it was fun to work with and really makes some cool effects. In this case I liked how it looked like a "smocked" effect.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:29 PM

looks like that would be alot of fun.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:38 PM

Sounds/looks like fun. Be sure to show pics of what you try it on.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:57 PM

I have seen it demonstrated, but have not used it yet. Sure makes for an interesting insert on a purse or tote.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:38 PM

I have used it to make the purse flap (that someone discribed as looking like a leaf) it was so great to work with. I free motion quilted around lines in the fabric, very heavily fmq. It came out beautiful! My only tip is to be sure you don't let your iron touch it or it ruins it.
Sorry I have no idea how to post a picture on here.

Kat
Old 06-12-2011, 07:58 PM

Patsy Thompson does some (3 or 4) good videos on using this.
I have used it a few times, just kind of forget that I have it. Don't have any pictures to post. Have fun!

http://www.patsythompsondesigns.com/...texture-magic/
Old 06-13-2011, 01:35 AM

I just saw a demo of this on TV the other day. The lady made a beautiful pillow. Really cool stuff!