Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sweet 16 sit down sure foot

Sweet 16 sit down sure foot

Has anyone purchased this item and what do you or don't you like about it. It is pricey and you must also buy the install kit. Although it does come with a couple of extra feet and there are other feet that can be used with it. It would really make ruler work a lot easier.

NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!
    not sure what this is...could you send an web address or picture?

I haven't really seen the need for the Sure Foot - I use rulers a lot on my Sweet 16 sitdown and never any problems with running over a ruler.
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Iíve had an HQ S16 for close to 7 years and have never heard of this and I do a lot of ruler work, mostly with HQ rulers

I just ordered one with my Christmas money. Hasnít come yet but Iím not totally happy with using rulers with the regular foot. If I were not doing sit down I wouldnít have gotten it.

bjchad, I would be very interested in hearing about how this foot works for you. I like to do ruler work on my sweet16 and can see where this one would be helpful.

When it comes and I have a chance to work with it a little, Iíll report on it.

I think that the HQ Sure Foot will be easy to work with. I have watched and researched and am pretty sure that I will be purchasing one. I plan on doing some fancy ruler work with thicker batting and this will make it much easier plus HQ makes other feet that can be interchanged. Thanks for the input that you have given me. I will let everyone know how I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by luvspaper View Post
    I’ve had an HQ S16 for close to 7 years and have never heard of this and I do a lot of ruler work, mostly with HQ rulers
    This foot is made for/by HandiQuilter for use with the HQ S16

looks like this foot fits all the HQ quilting machines, and it's relatively new as I watch for the new toys HQ comes out with. I'm considering getting one for my Fusion.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    Catsden..i have the sure foot which I am just now quilting my first quilt with. So far I love it as it has higher edges so you can't run over the rulers as I did when i quilted my last quilt. It was a constant battle with my last quilt without the sure foot as I had thicker batting and fleece as backing and no matter how hard i tried the ruler kept slipping into the needles path.
    I asked around before i bought mine and everyone i asked said it was worth the money.
    I have fleece backing on this quilt and not once have I had a ruler slip into the needles path. I definitely recommend it.
    True friends are like diamonds
    They are precious and rare.

I went to youtube to see a demo of the sure foot because I was curious also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdV07BQM-fw
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    ďThe happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." ó Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Blog Entries
    Just quilted my first quilt using the surefoot. I really liked it when I used my rulers. It does make threading the machine a little harder, but would recommend it.

I have watched the install demo. Looks to be not to hard. Did anyone have trouble changing out to the sure foot? The kit is 99.95 but you get a couple of other feet with it. The sure foot is 59.95. Will still get it though.

I have the sure foot especially after I did crunch a ruler and for me, I feel more confident and therefore it was worth the money to me. My S16 had a fixed foot (one that a tech would have to change) so I needed to buy the feet conversion kit. Now I use other feet easily.

HettyB

I purchased the sure foot and it works great especially for ruler work. I tried without it and my ruler slipped under the foot and jammed the whole machine causing a trip to the dealer to have it fixed. Totally worth the price

I had to convert my foot, and it was not a big deal at all - however I routinely do work on vintage machines so am very use to taking parts off and putting them back on.

I also have the glide foot (favorite) along with the echo and couching feet, though I've not used the couching feet yet. I love having the ability to swap feet based on the type of quilting I'm doing.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.