Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sweet sixteen >

sweet sixteen

sweet sixteen

Old 06-17-2017, 06:47 AM

I have the HQ16 and love it! Bought in 2007 and have never had a problem with it. At first it was on a 10 foot table/frame but I have converted it to a sit down machine. Once you get used to using a longarm, you will find the stitch regulator may slow you down so don't worry if you do not get that feature. But you can't beat their customer service.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:03 PM

Thanks ladies, I guess I just need to go test drive some and see what strikes my fancy.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:59 AM

I have the HQ Sweet 16 (sit down) and love it. I am a newbie on this machine but the machine itself is nearly 5 years old so I don't want to comment too much on features. I have the stitch regulator but decided not to use it. It took me awhile to get used to having to set the tension. My basic bernina activa 220 would FMQ nearly anything without changing tension. I found Jamie Wallen's Youtube useful. If you are going to do ruler work on it, be aware that the needleplate sits quite proud and rulers "catch". Too work around this, I have taped largish sheet of template plastic around it to smooth out the area. The plastic sits under the table overlay. My only complaint is that there is no clear "window" in the table so I have to sit on the floor to clean out the bobbin area and keep it oiled and changing the bobbin is by feel. HettyB