Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
T-shirt Quilt Interfacing too stiff >

T-shirt Quilt Interfacing too stiff

T-shirt Quilt Interfacing too stiff

Old 05-30-2020, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
I made a t-shirt quilt for my graduating senior/cousin. Since she wanted to use it at soccer games, etc., I didn't want it to be heavy. So, I didn't use batting. Just luxurious minky fabric on back, which I folded to front to make a fuzzy "frame" binding. I always use light Pellon interfacing to keep shirts from stretching.
Wow! It looks amazing.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:32 PM

I have an idea. I made a t-shirt quilt, and the pellon I used kept coming off some of the t-shirts. Long after I finished the quilt, I figured out that it may have been from excess fabric softener built up in those shirts. So, here's my idea. Make a practice square out of T-shirt fabric and the pellon your mom used. Get some liquid fabric softener, and make a solution with a lot of fabric softener in it, and soak the practice square in it for a day or so. See how it comes out after you wash it.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by themadpatter View Post
I have an idea. I made a t-shirt quilt, and the pellon I used kept coming off some of the t-shirts. Long after I finished the quilt, I figured out that it may have been from excess fabric softener built up in those shirts. So, here's my idea. Make a practice square out of T-shirt fabric and the pellon your mom used. Get some liquid fabric softener, and make a solution with a lot of fabric softener in it, and soak the practice square in it for a day or so. See how it comes out after you wash it.
Thanks! I wish I saw your post earlier. I was on vacation so just now seeing. In the meantime, I painstakingly removed all of the interfacing from the quilt. It was probably the most tedious thing I've ever done. But I still have the interfacing that is stuck to all the seams, which is my newest issue. Do I leave it or remove it. Ugh! But that is good advice if I am ever in that type of situation again. Thanks!