Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ta DA!! They are IN!! in One Day...New Machines Arrived! >

Ta DA!! They are IN!! in One Day...New Machines Arrived!

Ta DA!! They are IN!! in One Day...New Machines Arrived!

Old 10-01-2015, 02:14 PM

How great that you got them sooner than you thought. I hope you get lots of hours of enjoyment out of your new friends! Now go and play with fabric! LOL!
Old 10-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Power Poster

New sewing machines are always exciting! Enjoy!
Old 10-01-2015, 02:38 PM

Congrats on your new machines. I know several folks that have industrial Juki's. If I was looking for a workhorse beyond my current Viking Platinum, that would be the way I would go as well. I know, you aren't happy with your Viking but mine has been a dream. Are you keeping it as a back up even though you now have 2 new machines? Did the Juki guy give you a trade in?
Old 10-01-2015, 02:48 PM

Quiet ... yes! That was the first thing I noticed when I was machine shopping and what sold me on the Juki F600 over a Janome. Well, the price was considerably less too, but every machine I tried seemed a lot noisier. I guess I'm going to have to check out the 2010 for FMQing. There are a lot of good comments on this Board re: the 2010. But I really want the Juki longarm w/a frame ... just not in my budget right now. Have fun!
Old 10-01-2015, 02:59 PM

Yay!!! Have fun with the twins I am sure you will love them !!!!
Old 10-01-2015, 05:01 PM

Congrats! Getting a new, good machine is so great! Two is four times as much fun!
Old 10-01-2015, 06:35 PM

Me too DonnaC....I had looked atquilter's gloves but they were so expensive! I thought a cheap pairof gardening gloves would do essentially the same...and they do! Costa lot less that's for sure. My hands still get hot even though mineare cotton. Maybe an official pair for Christmas from my mom buthonestly, why spend the $$? Gardening gloves work great!
Old 10-01-2015, 06:43 PM

Woohoo! I'm so happy for you. I hope your weekend is free and clear to enjoy the new prezzies.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:49 PM

You ladies are all so awesome! I lovesharing the excitement. I live in a house full of men, believe me,they are not impressed. LOL!! Then again, I suppose if my husbandcame home raving about a new set of golf clubs I would probably notbe impressed either. Still, it's so much fun to read everyone'scomments and share the fun.

NJ Quilter, no, they Juki guy wouldn'tgive me a trade for my Viking. Neither would the other shop not farfrom him (they were the ones who are Janome dealers but only wantedto sell me an Elna.....weird).

So, my Viking is heading to the shophopefully this weekend or next week. The owner/repair person isn'tback into her shop until next Friday anyway so I've got time. I amhoping it will be fixed and then, I am just not sure what to do. Idon't really need 4 machines (my little brother one could be tuned upand used for a portable/back-up. Not to mention that the 2010 can dopiecing as well so in a sense, it is a backup as well and the F600can do FMQ so the two back up eachother). I think I'm going to sellit but only if I use it for a while and am sure that it is ok. Ijust can't feel right about selling it to some poor person who thinksthey are getting a good machine and they fork over money to feeltaken advantage of. I just can't be that person. So we will see. Ihave a friend and her daughter who want me to give them quilt lessonsso I will be able to have them use it and that should determine whatkind of shape it's in.

So far today I put together thismorning my 2010 and threaded it up, practiced some FMQ and that wasit. I teach until around 1:30pm and then it's lunch, clean-up, housechores, get kids ready for any evening activities. Today was cleanout the craft room day (I just can't work in a mess!) and I had madea Christmas Tree Skirt for a Bridal Shower for this weekend. Ineeded to pull it out, press it and wrap it up plus make a card.

I made a quilt label with the letteringfeature on my F600 and it came out SUPERB!!! My Viking which is$2000.00 more than this machine didn't make letters anywhere near asgood as this Juki! Very impressed. I'm not a fan of machinelettering but this came out really great! And for SO MUCH LESS!!

Thanks again ladies....it's fun toshare. I don't have any friends who quilt so coming on here andsharing the excitement means a lot. <3
Old 10-01-2015, 06:51 PM

OOPS! Didn't mean to leave out anyguys that may be on here! I realize there are guys who quilt and I amso glad they do! I keep telling my hubs he should give it a whirlbut he just thinks I'm crazy. LOL! Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelingsbut leaving them out!