Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ta DA!! They are IN!! in One Day...New Machines Arrived! >

Ta DA!! They are IN!! in One Day...New Machines Arrived!

Ta DA!! They are IN!! in One Day...New Machines Arrived!

Old 10-01-2015, 09:42 AM

Default Ta DA!! They are IN!! in One Day...New Machines Arrived!

Well, I had a big surprise yesterday! I ordered my machines on Tuesday and was told they they would be intoday or tomorrow, Friday. I thought that was pretty fast! Nope! They came in yesterday! Woot! One day!! My hubs was in the area forbusiness too and was able to pick them up! That saved me a two hourround trip plus the time in the shop! I had to wait until late lastnight though as we had Scout meetings when he got home from work.Talk about torture! LOL!!!

My first impressions of the F600 arethat it is slightly smaller than I thought (feel the same about the2010) but they are not weak machines. Design is very similar toBrother and I'm impressed with the overall feel of the machines. Where the outer casing is not as sturdy as maybe other machines outthere, the feel of the mechanics is solid. The 2010 is HEAVY!! theF600 is not too heavy but enough that you wouldn't want to lug itaround everywhere all the time. These come with lots of feet and sofar I think I really like these! For the price, I'm glad I went withthem. I saved some $ by going with the semi-local guy and got themin no time at all. While they may not be a Janome 8900 (with it'sBarry White voice, ~sigh~) they are durable and I am thinking will bethe trusty old friend you have forever through thick and thin, theynever let you down. That is what I want more than anything!

The stitching on these seems VERY good,easy to adjust when needed but honestly, you don't really need toexcept for FMQ. Which, speaking of FMQ, I was immediately struck byhow much better I could do it with the 2010 vs. what I had been ableto do on my Viking. This 2010 is really made for it. I still have along way to go with learning how to do pretty designs but thismachine will surely get me there faster!

The lighting is fantastic even thoughmy pictures won't reveal that. Very bright, well placed and noissues seeing. These machines come with lots of presser feet and soforth, are easy to figure out and the manuals are pretty good(Husqvarna's is the best I've seen even though I hate to say anythingnice about them, that much is true). But these get you through thebasics and how to use the machines..which is pretty straight forward.

Hmmmmm.....not much else to say rightnow. These are my first impressions. Oh! They are very quiet andvery smooth. That surprised me the most. I wasn't sure what toexpect for sound but they are pretty quiet. I also think that theone thing I will need to add is a FMQ slippery surface mat for the2010. I found that my little sandwich did not slide very well ontheir extension table. That was annoying. I even have gloves and aFabulous Fabric Glide...which I've been less impressed with andreally never use. I thought it would help out today but the fabricjust kind of bunches and is not smoothly sliding. I think one ofthose super glide mats will fix that problem. I also have aStyrofoam set that I made for my other machine that makes a HUGEsurface (like a ginormous extension table) and with a clear vinylsshower curtain on it it makes it slippery, but the mat would make itslick for up near the needle and that is going to be a must.

Ok, that's the long and short of it. Thanks for all the input ladies...after I've finished a project or ifI have any questions, you will all hear from me with pics andcomments (later impressions).
Attached Thumbnails 20150930_193745.jpg   20150930_194544.jpg   20150930_200205.jpg   20151001_092214.jpg  
Old 10-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

Oh how exciting! Congratulations on your new machines. I hope you have many hours of enjoyment on them.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Banned

Congrats! I've been following your machine saga but haven't posted til now. A couple years ago I was gifted the lower end Juki 27 and really like it except that it's noisy. If I didn't love my vintage Brother (and a few Singers) machines so much I'd get a Juki.

Cari
Old 10-01-2015, 12:04 PM

I have the F600 and love her! Hazel is an awesome work horse. I have had for about 2 or 3 years can't rememer when I bought her exactly and not one bit of trouble out of her. She is amazing! I hope you are as happy with the Juki's as I am.
Elizabeth
Old 10-01-2015, 12:06 PM

Woo hoo! Sounds super. I too was surprised about how heavy the 2010 is... and I also significantly improved my FMQ once I had it. Just one note - a FMQ teacher that I took a class from locally always used Turtle Wax on her extension table (she had the Brother machine that's exactly the same as the Juki). It does seem to help. I had bought the Supreme Slider but to be honest, I'm not a fan. Nor do I like the Machingers gloves because they make my hands too warm. I use a pair of gardening gloves I bought at CVS!
Old 10-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

I have one like the last one. I use it all the time now to quilt my quilts. I love it, it is 5 years old and I service it myself.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Power Poster

Christmas came early!!
Old 10-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Power Poster

Yes, I can understand the "torture" part. Have fun.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:37 PM

So happy for you!!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Looking forward to seeing your creations!
Old 10-01-2015, 01:51 PM

I bet you have spent the whole day enjoying them!!! Or at least part of it? You are all fixed up now.

Dina