Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tea cup pincushion came home! >

Tea cup pincushion came home!

Tea cup pincushion came home!

Old 09-30-2012, 02:37 PM

Glad you found your teacup pincushion! I have a cup and saucer (attached cup to saucer) but decided I like it as is. We had a pincushion swap one Christmas and I could not part with it! Maybe I will yet. Maybe find a child's cup and saucer from a tea set and use it for a cushion. I thought about using velcro (self sticking) to attach the cup and saucer together, makes for easy cleaning and also to attach the cushion to the cup inside. What do you think?
Old 09-30-2012, 04:57 PM

Glad to hear you found your pincushion. Sometimes i can stand in one spot, usually in the kitchen or sewing room and lose something. I used to blame it on the kids, but they're gone now and it's still happening. Sometimes I feel like I spend half my time looking for things :>)
Old 09-30-2012, 05:28 PM

I have made some of these pin cushions with cups and saucers but I always used the hot glue gun that wasn't really hot because I was afraid the hot glue would break the cup. Eventually, they came unglued. I am thinking now that silicone would work great and be a lot less messy. I always glued the cup to the saucer and that made a place for other little notions to sit (thinble etc.). Also, I always put a bit of fine steel wool in middle of any pin cushion that I make and surround it with poly fiberfil. Of course, where I live, it is not humid so do not know if it would work well where there is humid air to make it rust??? Loved all the pictures.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:01 PM

Your Occupied Japan tea cup may be a real find. I would have a knowledgeable antique dealer check it out.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:03 PM

SandyinZ4, instead of steel wool anyone can use bronze wool. It will not rust.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by captlynhall View Post
SandyinZ4, instead of steel wool anyone can use bronze wool. It will not rust.
Never heard of Bronze wool. I will have to see if the hardware store carries it. Thanks for the tip.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:56 PM

Your pincushions are beautiful! I'm glad glad your wandering pincushion came home.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:37 AM

Very nice! So creative!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:41 AM

Love the pincushions!! So glad it came home. I have several things that have run away too. Maybe I'll find them.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:36 PM

I love them! I, too, will be watching for you tutorial. I hope you at least add a post to this as to tell us where to find it since if we have our options set to receive notifications, we would get one! Thank you:-)

Originally Posted by collady View Post
This morning I was getting ready to go to with DH to a flea market about an hour and half away. I picked up a bag of knitting and there was the pincushion in the bottom of the bag under some baby caps. I had decided that it had run away for ever but it came home. I had had a make-up quilting class on Thursday afternoon after my knitting class on Thursday morning. I had put the pincushion in the knitting bag when I took it from the car. I just didn't remember that I had taken it on Thursday! I would have found it next week when I got ready for the knitting class. Being an obsessive compulsive personality, I can't just ride in a car. I have to do something with my hands. The blue cup normally sits on my desk by my bed. The gold/white cup stays on the cutting table, and the pink on lives by the sewing machine.