Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tea cup pincushion came home! >

Tea cup pincushion came home!

Tea cup pincushion came home!

Old 09-29-2012, 12:12 PM

So glad you found your pincushion, looking forward to reading your tute.....I want to make one too !!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 09-29-2012, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by ScrappyAZ View Post
I glued the doily between the cup and saucer. Never thought about leaving it free to be laundered. Now I have yucky thoughts of the doily being dusty! I'll have to take a look.
If the doily gets dirty, just wash the saucer at the same time as the doily. Am I awake or not?
Old 09-29-2012, 12:43 PM

I will be looking forward on your tutorial - I LOVE cups and saucers. It would be nice to make a pin cushion or 2 for me and friend or two.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:07 PM

These are so cute. I am looking forward to the tute too, I think these would make nice gifts for my quilting ladies. Thank you for sharing.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:23 AM
Power Poster

I can so relate to what you are saying. I am exactly the same way. Got to be doing something all the time. When I could not quilt due to a bad injury, I took up making Baby caps for the hospital and making pin cushions out of cup/saucers and various flea market knick knacks. Didn't see where you said you made the pin cushions or bought them. Here are a couple of my favorite pin cushions. I love yours. Did you apoxy the cup to the saucer? I didn't read where you said you were going to do a tutorial. I am really looking forward to seeing how others do their pin cushions. I think that is a great idea.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366477[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]366478[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]366479[/ATTACH]

Whenever I clean out my sewing/craft room, it is like going to a flea market or thrift store. I find a lot of things that I had forgotten I even had. I also have to take knitting, crocheting or hand work of some kind with me wherever I go. It is an obsession, but is nice to know I am not alone. So glad you found your pin cushion.

[quote] This morning I was getting ready to go to with DH to a flea market about an hour and half away. I picked up a bag of knitting and there was the pincushion in the bottom of the bag under some baby caps. I had decided that it had run away for ever but it came home. I had had a make-up quilting class on Thursday afternoon after my knitting class on Thursday morning. I had put the pincushion in the knitting bag when I took it from the car. I just didn't remember that I had taken it on Thursday! I would have found it next week when I got ready for the knitting class. Being an obsessive compulsive personality, I can't just ride in a car. I have to do something with my hands. The blue cup normally sits on my desk by my bed. The gold/white cup stays on the cutting table, and the pink on lives by the sewing machine.
Attached Thumbnails cup-saucer-pin-cushion.jpg   rose-cup-saucer-pin-cushion.jpg   cat-back-1.jpg  

Last edited by twinkie; 09-30-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:49 AM

I'm glad your pin cushion came home! And looking forward to your tutorial. And...I have a set of dishes like the blue and white ones - from my dear Mom :-D
Old 09-30-2012, 04:56 AM

I was wondering if you asked Tony or St Anthony for help or did you just luck out. Maybe you need to make a traveling one so you will know where it is and not have to use your stay-at-home pin chusions.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:02 AM

Glad the missing pin cushion was found. They are very pretty. Will try to watch for your tutorial.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:08 AM

Very clever idea!
Old 09-30-2012, 05:12 AM

I'm like most of you on this board, I have to be creating something all the time. If no I'm playing Sudoku or crossword puzzles.
In my half Swedish family it was a tradition to give A bride tea cups and saucers when she was married. i received a dozen then. Over the years, I've inherited and been given more. One day I counted them and found out that I had 36. We have 8 grandchildren, 4 boys and four girls. 36 divided by 8 gave me 4 to give to each grandchild when they marry. I also give them clear glass dessert plates and a note explaining the tradition. Since I'm keeping 4 it looks like I'll have to use one of mine and make a pincushion. I love your idea!