Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tears of Joy

I wish I lived closer to you so I could help you with all those new sewers. I would like to send you some themed fabric. Can you send me an address? I don't know how to send you a personal message.

There's nothing more rewarding than to have something you made yourself..hopefully theses kids will treasure this for the rest of their lives.....my hat's off to you :thumbup: :thumbup:

How wonderful to introduce the next generation to quilting. I've sent you a PM.

Can I send you some fabric-looking at my stash to see what I will realistically need in the next decade so I would be happy to share. PM me your address please if you want some fabric. Keep up the good work. My son is making a baby quilt out of scraps for his sister's friend right now-said he needed a break from homework yesterday and we are on spring break(cold and wet).

You are helping these kids make good memories one stitch at a time. But as in most things we do for others, the blessings you are receiving are limitless.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Great story,thanks for sharing!

What a wonderful gift you are giving. It will last a lifetime. Bless you.

...this is just what I need to read.... I've been retired now for 3 yrs and have hit the stage of "what can I do with my time now - besides taking care of DH" (lol on that last part).
    I think you have provided me an answer.

Blessings on your endeavors....

How about posting the address of the school involved. That way we could send fabric donations etc. without needing your personal information. I know I could spare some quilting goodies.

What a wonderful BLESSING you are!

Great thing you are doing with the kids. How about an address so I can send you some fabric. Sure would like to help.

Blog Entries
    It is so great of you to teach the kids to sew. What a shame that schools no longer have home ec or shop classes anymore. What I learned in my home ec class over 40 years ago has been as been as useful to me as any other class. I am still sewing and quilting now in retirement.

How wonderful. Can't wait to see the pictures from the quilt show.

Wow! I am in th discussion stages of starting a sewing/quilting group at the school I am an administrator of. People are good and we know that through prayer, love and experience, they will always help out when needed.
    Cant wait to see what the kids make!!

community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I really love your story. How truly wonderful you are and how wonderful for these children. I applaud you. Did you hear it? Let me try again. I APPLAUD YOU! You are just so awesome. Please keep posting photos. It is so inspirational.

"every stitch matters" blessings to You for caring about children the way you are and also to Mrs. Mac in Maine and Mrs. Crowley from MA for their generous giving.

What a wonderful work you are doing. God Bless You!

I sent you a PM. I would love to send you some fabric. Thank you for teaching another generation this wonderful hobby and the love of making something themselves. I admire you.

Blog Entries
    please post the name of the school. i will do thru some of my material thst i have downsyairs that i can get to and send a box. thanks for all you are teaching the children.

Blog Entries
    These kids will always remember you for taking time to teach them this valuable craft. Just like kids remember someone who baked cookies or pies with them when they were small. Hugs!!!

Blog Entries
    have pm her. how about the rest of us who have more than we will ever use send some boxes for these children to learn how much quilters help others out?

You are a big part of the "Village" of caring/loving/teaching of children. Thank you for all you place into the lives of these future leaders/workers/helpers/protectors/teachers and more. God Bless you.

Senior Member quilter in the making's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dpparris
    This Quilting Board is Awesome.

I work with children before and after school doing Arts & Crafts, and one day I took a quilt I was working on for them to see and several children asked me if I would show them how to sew so they could make a quilt. I talked my boss into getting us a sewing machine, and I took one of mine from home and they started learning to sew. Well now we have 4 machines and still donít have enough. The children are making pillows and quilts faster than I can get the batting and material for the back. They are just tie them, but some want to learn to hand quilt, so I guess that is next on the list.
    I would like to thank two special ladies on the forum, mommamac for sending me the book Quilting with Kids Ė I took it to work and the children have gone crazy making all the things in the book, they tell everyone I learned how to make this from the book from Mrs. Mac in Maine.
    Then today in the mail I got a fabric donation from crowley7, I canít wait to get to work tomorrow to show the children all the new material they have to make quilts with. I guess she will be known as Mrs. Crowley from Massachusetts.
    I only have a small budget each month to purchase supplies for both the Arts & Crafts and Sewing, so I take a lot of material from home to work. These donations mean a lot to not only me but the children.
    I cried over getting the book and now the fabric. They were tears of Joy.
    I have learned so much since I have been on this forum, all of you are the most AWESOME Quilters and friends a person (and 130 children) can have.

We are having a mini quilt show April 6, I will take some pictures of the children's quilts and pillows and post them.

Thanks Again!!!
    Awesome!! Can't wait to see the pictures you post.

What a great thing to do. That is awsome. If you pm me your address, I will be happy to send some fabric to help the cause.

Blog Entries
    WOW!

I have cried so much. Thanks to everyone that has sent a PM. I took the box of fabric to work this morning and the children were hugging it and talking about how much they like this piece or that piece. It brought tears to my eyes to see them so excited.

These children are Military children and so them learning to quilt will go all over the world, and they can share it with other children.

I have 5 parents that went and got their child sewing machines. So this is something they want to do and will do for a long time.

I am on my lunch break and just checked the PM's and was blown away with the KINDNESS you all have shown.

You each may hear the children YELLING when I go back and tell them they will be getting more fabric and sewing supplies. I am going to take my camera back to work so I can take some pics of them working today.

The children want to start cutting squares as soon as I get back to work.

I will post pics of the quilts after the Mini Quilt Show.

The children are now thinking of a name for their Quilt Group.

God Bless each and everyone of you. If I did not send the addy yet I will tonight when I get home.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast