Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tears of Joy >

Tears of Joy

Tears of Joy

Old 03-25-2011, 06:00 AM

"every stitch matters" blessings to You for caring about children the way you are and also to Mrs. Mac in Maine and Mrs. Crowley from MA for their generous giving.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:03 AM

What a wonderful work you are doing. God Bless You!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:14 AM

I sent you a PM. I would love to send you some fabric. Thank you for teaching another generation this wonderful hobby and the love of making something themselves. I admire you.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:15 AM

please post the name of the school. i will do thru some of my material thst i have downsyairs that i can get to and send a box. thanks for all you are teaching the children.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:15 AM

These kids will always remember you for taking time to teach them this valuable craft. Just like kids remember someone who baked cookies or pies with them when they were small. Hugs!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:23 AM

have pm her. how about the rest of us who have more than we will ever use send some boxes for these children to learn how much quilters help others out?
Old 03-25-2011, 06:35 AM

You are a big part of the "Village" of caring/loving/teaching of children. Thank you for all you place into the lives of these future leaders/workers/helpers/protectors/teachers and more. God Bless you.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by dpparris
This Quilting Board is Awesome.

I work with children before and after school doing Arts & Crafts, and one day I took a quilt I was working on for them to see and several children asked me if I would show them how to sew so they could make a quilt. I talked my boss into getting us a sewing machine, and I took one of mine from home and they started learning to sew. Well now we have 4 machines and still don’t have enough. The children are making pillows and quilts faster than I can get the batting and material for the back. They are just tie them, but some want to learn to hand quilt, so I guess that is next on the list.
I would like to thank two special ladies on the forum, mommamac for sending me the book Quilting with Kids – I took it to work and the children have gone crazy making all the things in the book, they tell everyone I learned how to make this from the book from Mrs. Mac in Maine.
Then today in the mail I got a fabric donation from crowley7, I can’t wait to get to work tomorrow to show the children all the new material they have to make quilts with. I guess she will be known as Mrs. Crowley from Massachusetts.
I only have a small budget each month to purchase supplies for both the Arts & Crafts and Sewing, so I take a lot of material from home to work. These donations mean a lot to not only me but the children.
I cried over getting the book and now the fabric. They were tears of Joy.
I have learned so much since I have been on this forum, all of you are the most AWESOME Quilters and friends a person (and 130 children) can have.

We are having a mini quilt show April 6, I will take some pictures of the children's quilts and pillows and post them.

Thanks Again!!!
Awesome!! Can't wait to see the pictures you post.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:50 AM

What a great thing to do. That is awsome. If you pm me your address, I will be happy to send some fabric to help the cause.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:23 AM

WOW!

I have cried so much. Thanks to everyone that has sent a PM. I took the box of fabric to work this morning and the children were hugging it and talking about how much they like this piece or that piece. It brought tears to my eyes to see them so excited.

These children are Military children and so them learning to quilt will go all over the world, and they can share it with other children.

I have 5 parents that went and got their child sewing machines. So this is something they want to do and will do for a long time.

I am on my lunch break and just checked the PM's and was blown away with the KINDNESS you all have shown.

You each may hear the children YELLING when I go back and tell them they will be getting more fabric and sewing supplies. I am going to take my camera back to work so I can take some pics of them working today.

The children want to start cutting squares as soon as I get back to work.

I will post pics of the quilts after the Mini Quilt Show.

The children are now thinking of a name for their Quilt Group.

God Bless each and everyone of you. If I did not send the addy yet I will tonight when I get home.