Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me what you will be sewing tonight?

Banned
    Working on piecing my Irish chain quilt but the family is going out of town tomorrow for the weekend so I won't be getting much done with last minute stuff.

I try not to sew at night, my eyes get to tired. So I knit when I watch tv. I am on the last sweater for my youngest DG. But when I sew, I'm finishing a memory quilt for my Db roommate.
    learn each and every day,memories or play.

I don't know. . . . . but I can tell you that I will be going to ROAD TO CALIFORNIA QUILT SHOW this weekend!!
    Marie

You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    A smile is something you can't give away; it always comes back to you.

Since I did not get to go to the "Road to California" Quilt show today I am going to work on my daughters queen size quilt. I started this thing a long time ago. I just have to sew together a few more blocks and then I can do the final press.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grama Lehr View Post
    I don't know. . . . . but I can tell you that I will be going to ROAD TO CALIFORNIA QUILT SHOW this weekend!!

This is the first time in years that I did not get to go! Cry, sniff......... none of my friends could go and I can't walk the whole thing. I am envious of you! I love going to that show!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

I just finished 48 blocks and was so excited. Now I am going to spend the rest of the weekend trying to figure out how to square them up so I can finish the quilt ... not happy! Don't know exactly what went wrong. I was careful with my cutting and sewing ... or so I thought. Oh well, I'll make a template of the correct size, then spray with starch and press. Hopefully, I can salvage them.

I'm sewing the alphabet borders onto my third I Spy Through Attic Windows tonight. Only one more of these quilts left to make and then I can start on the list of others that photos on this board have inspired me to make. But first, this afternoon I'm headed to the fabric warehouse because I need a fix.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

I have so many - but I think I will finish the binding on a baby quilt (I received the money yesterday - gotta get it done) then I have a scrappy trip along quilt I have been working on and finally I am working on a hand project - one of those ideas I had about learning new things and breaking free out of my box of comfort - I have a Tula Pink quilt kit that has over 1000 pieces that I am hand piecing - I am enjoying it - but only work on it at night while watching tv or long car trips.

Starting a quilt for my grandson ..bday feb 15

I am going to work on the binding for my great niece's quilt. That is my last to finish and then I will start a small baby quilt for my husband's co-worker.

I wish I had time to work on something tonight. But I'll be spending my time doing homework and then I'm going dancing later on tonight....I also have have to get my hair cut too...I almost forgot.

But if I had the chance, I would probably be working on cutting up some fabric for quilt I'm not really sure I want to make yet (the fabric is poor quality so it will likely sit in the trash or my closet whatever I decide to do with it).

QM
    I started a quilt for a very special friend for Christmas, then got really sick. Now I am ready to quilt the borders.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I am cutting muslin for my Jenny Doan Big Star Quilt. I did have some cut, but found I didn't have enough after I was more than halfway through cutting. She didn't give measurements on her YouTube video. Now that I have her pattern in Quilting Quicky, I know what I need. Hopefully, I can get all my cutting done today and maybe even start sewing on it!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I am sewing the binding on an I Spy quilt for my DGD's big girl's bed. She is 18 months and can climb out of her crib so it's time for the big move. My quilting buddy gave me a whole little baggie of cut 3 1/2" I Spy fabrics so I made a nine patch with turquoise alternate squares. It's simple but cute and I used Hobb's Polydown batting as it will probably be loved and washed to bits.
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

I'll be piecing blocks for my Easy Street quilt while watching Quilt Cam!! Quite a way to go yet until completion. I'd say I'm 1/4 of the way done!!
    Deb
    Handle all stressful situations like a dog..... if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Once my hands get warm from the fire alarm going off and us evacuating the school this afternoon I will be working on some embroidery for a BOM Christmas wall hanging I got last year but never did.

I spent the day hand quilting a lap quilt piece that I call my UFO Frankenstein project as it has many techniques done in it. You know..... cotton & felt.... piecing & applique .... traditional & Primitive ... etc. etc. I call it "Sunflowers & Crows". I'm hand quilting it's grid design. Then at TV Time I'll continue handstitching my secret Valentine project for a friend in Canada. I'll also do some machine work over the weekend.

Tricia
    Last edited by Quercus Rubra; 01-25-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

It's Report Card weekend for me so I don't think I'll get to any sewing...but with inspiration from this board, my sewing space is in a lot better shape for when I can sew.

Hey, girliegirl!

We're not too far apart, so while it snows outside, I'll be sewing on a binding! Unfortunately, it's a real project because it's on a scalloped edge, and I used my own templates....I think I should have done a more-gentle curve. Anyway, it'll keep me busy for a few evenings!
    psumom

Quote Originally Posted by girliegirl View Post
    Tell me, tell me! I will be working on my purples! Around the world.................... for my Aunt Mae.... She sure could use a quilt in this cold weather..

reading about tire houses built with rammed earth
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by donac View Post
    Once my hands get warm from the fire alarm going off and us evacuating the school this afternoon I will be working on some embroidery for a BOM Christmas wall hanging I got last year but never did.
    Bummer! At least it was a false alarm, apparently.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I am finishing the Warm Wishes top I have been working on I have 5 rows to sew together and then to the other 10 rows. I hope this is not two Big for our queen bed in the RV. I want to put boarders on also.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

I've been staring at some charm packs for a week. Maybe I will have some sewn into HST's
    tonight...if I can get off my butt. LOL

I will be trying to bind one of my quilts. I hate sewing he binding on!

Since I finished a baby quilt yesterday, I am on to the next one. I think my friends need stop having babies as groups. I can barely keep up!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast